PDA

View Full Version : For you NE guys who don't frequent the WANTED section...

ITSRX7
10-12-2003, 08:21 PM
WANTED: Open Trailer Posted: Oct, 10 2003

Prefer slide out ramps and electric brakes. Going to tow 2500lb ITS car. We are adding a rental to our fleet in 2004 and want something solid but inexpensive. Northeast? Cash paid...

[email protected]

Thanks!

AB

------------------
Andy Bettencourt
06 ITS RX-7
FlatOut Motorsports
New England Region
www.flatout-motorsports.com

dominojd
10-13-2003, 04:59 AM
How much would you be getting to rent the car? I always wanted to drive one of those beasts.

------------------
Crazy Joe
#7 ITS pilot

JLawton
10-13-2003, 07:02 AM
I think a solid 944 would be a nice rental car. I know where you can get one cheap!! Although, after this weekend I'm not so sure I want to sell it!!

ulfelder
10-13-2003, 08:01 AM
Sorry to post another FlatOut Motorsports trailer classified, but ...

TWO-CAR OPEN TRAILER. 2002 Kaufman tagalong, 32-foot deck. Easily handles
two cars of any size. Removable fender. Custom enclosed tire storage keeps a
whopping 29 tires safe from the elements. Another custom box swallows all the jackstands and jacks you'll ever need. Strong as a bridge, tows straight as an arrow. Only one season old, used by FlatOut Motorsports to haul two ITS Mazdas to Lime Rock and NHIS. All tires, electrics, brakes, etc. in perfect condition. If you want to transport two cars without buying a fifth wheel, this is your solution. $4500. Contact Steve Ulfelder (508-480-0528,
[email protected]) or Nick Leverone (978-501-3096, [email protected]).

[This message has been edited by ulfelder (edited October 14, 2003).]

ITSRX7
10-13-2003, 08:37 AM
Originally posted by dominojd:
How much would you be getting to rent the car? I always wanted to drive one of those beasts.

Joe,

We are still putting together our pricing plan. Our goal is to be a little less than the 'average' but to provide the best cars and service.

Contact me offline before the beginning of the calendar year.

AB

------------------
Andy Bettencourt
06 ITS RX-7
FlatOut Motorsports
New England Region

dominojd
10-14-2003, 04:19 AM
Originally posted by ITSRX7:
Joe,

We are still putting together our pricing plan. Our goal is to be a little less than the 'average' but to provide the best cars and service.

Contact me offline before the beginning of the calendar year.

AB

OK.

------------------
Crazy Joe
#7 ITS pilot

Greg Amy
10-14-2003, 08:26 AM
Steve/Nick:

What's the empty and gross weight of that trailer? How well does it tow behind the diesel with two rocket ships on it?

Greg

ulfelder
10-14-2003, 11:08 AM
Greg, we figure 5000 lb empty. Add a pair of 2700-lb cars and 24 tires/rims, hm hm hm, carry the three ... let's call it 11,000 - 12,000 lb fully loaded.

Once you get it rolling, all that mass loves to go in a straight line -- it tows very nicely. Needless to say, you need mucho grunto in your tow vehicle.

/Steve

benspeed
10-14-2003, 01:26 PM
Hey, Crazy Joe - give me a call at 973-496-7345 about a RX7 that may be available for a good price.

Cheers,

BenSpeed
#33 ITS

dominojd
10-14-2003, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by benspeed:
Hey, Crazy Joe - give me a call at 973-496-7345 about a RX7 that may be available for a good price.

Cheers,

BenSpeed
#33 ITS

I heard you weren't to happy with the car. What are you going to do if you sell it?
I just wanted to drive one to see how fast I can make it go. http://Forums.ImprovedTouring.com/it/smile.gif

------------------
Crazy Joe
#7 ITS pilot

jcmotorsports
11-11-2003, 08:49 PM
hey guys
if anyone is interested or knows of someone who is interested i am selling my truck and trailer. 2001 f350 diesel dually and 36'enclosed gooseneck trailer. i have trouble driving it and i am buying a smaller setup.

jcmotorsports
11-11-2003, 08:50 PM
oops i forgot my contact info
john costello
[email protected]

benspeed
11-12-2003, 11:09 PM
Yo Crazy Joe!

I ended up getting the car back in shape for the last race of the season. I took third at The Glen and the car ran faster than it did before. My problem was going with a shop that didn't specialize in Rotors. I had a ton of trouble and all it turned out was the injector pins had backed out. Missed a bunch of races for that simple problem (these guys couldn't diagnose and I bought a bunch of parts I didn't need) and blew my NAARC finish. Found a super shop in Nazareth PA, KD Rotor, who dynoed the car at 170 with more power to be had with some extra tweaking. Runs like a champ again, but I droppped some BIG $$ for an even faster car! I might keep it as an eduro racer. Spent so much on it...

Cheers,

bp

benspeed
11-12-2003, 11:09 PM
Yo Crazy Joe!

I ended up getting the car back in shape for the last race of the season. I took third at The Glen and the car ran faster than it did before. My problem was going with a shop that didn't specialize in Rotors. I had a ton of trouble and all it turned out was the injector pins had backed out. Missed a bunch of races for that simple problem (these guys couldn't diagnose and I bought a bunch of parts I didn't need) and blew my NAARC finish. Found a super shop in Nazareth PA, KD Rotor, who dynoed the car at 170 with more power to be had with some extra tweaking. Runs like a champ again, but I droppped some BIG $$ for an even faster car! I might keep it as an eduro racer. Spent so much on it...

Cheers,

bp

dominojd
11-13-2003, 06:13 AM
Yo Crazy Joe!

Cheers,

bp

I knew from the begining they might have problems. If you don't work on those things all the time you can get lost.
It is funny you mentioned this. I totally forgot until you said something. I was at KD a week or so ago and was talking to the (I think it was ) owner about IT cars. I heard you had been there. I also know another certain someone from PA with an RX-&7 that was just there or going soon.

Big Brother is watching. http://Forums.ImprovedTouring.com/it/smile.gif

------------------
Crazy Joe
#7 ITS pilot

benspeed
11-13-2003, 11:02 PM
Yup - a certain dentist is seeking to tune up his ride with KD. Those guys really know their stuff. Excellent diagnosis.

So, you going Mazda, Nissan or Bimmer???

Cheers dude - Ben

------------------

dominojd
11-14-2003, 09:02 PM
Actually a buddy and me were down there trying to set up a Dyno day for some of us nissan geeks.

------------------
Crazy Joe
#7 ITS pilot

ITSRX7
11-14-2003, 09:29 PM
Looks like we know where some of the 'rumors' have started about the legality of some RX-7's. Real nice.

AB

------------------
Andy Bettencourt
06 ITS RX-7
FlatOut Motorsports
New England Region

dominojd
11-15-2003, 09:55 AM
http://Forums.ImprovedTouring.com/it/confused.gif HUH? No rumors we all know that th RX-7 guys cheap like wild fire. They are a shady bunch. Look at that Benspeed guy. If that's not shady I don't know what is. http://Forums.ImprovedTouring.com/it/wink.gif

------------------
Crazy Joe
#7 ITS pilot

benspeed
11-15-2003, 11:07 AM
Yup, I'm getting ready to install my new propane fogger. It even has a switch like a nitro setup! I'll be making 250 hp down the straights! http://Forums.ImprovedTouring.com/it/tongue.gif

Joe, did you get a new car together?

Cheers,

------------------
BenSpeed
#33 ITS RX7
BigSpeed Racing
NNJR

dominojd
11-16-2003, 07:16 PM
Still working on it. I just tore down my spare motor yeterday. I hope I can remember how to put it back together. There are just too many parts. http://Forums.ImprovedTouring.com/it/smile.gif

------------------
Crazy Joe
#7 ITS pilot

jcmotorsports
11-17-2003, 03:34 PM
alright you got me i transplanted a viper motor into the rx7!!!!! just kidding!! i seriously have some problems with the car. i am way down on horsepower. trailing coils not firing, lots of problems
john costello

benspeed
11-17-2003, 07:30 PM
John,

Did the KD guys have a fix for you? Makes sense that the car is down on hp because of setup troubles. You sure put enough investment in equipment. They sure diagnosed my troubles that the piston shop couldn't.

Crazy Joe - go Mazda dude - got the car for ya!

Cheers!

------------------
BenSpeed
#33 ITS RX7
BigSpeed Racing
NNJR

dominojd
11-17-2003, 07:36 PM

Crazy Joe - go Mazda dude - got the car for ya!

I might consider an RX-7 if I actually knew how to work on them. I don't make the big bucks like you and can just drop it off at the shop. http://Forums.ImprovedTouring.com/it/wink.gif

------------------
Crazy Joe
#7 ITS pilot

BrianB
11-17-2003, 08:23 PM
John,
Check the trailing coils, Check the crank angle sensor, Check the wiring harness of both of the above to the ECU.
Good luck ,
Brian
#70 RX-7 ITS