PDA

View Full Version : NESCCA Enduro Series - 2003 & 2004

JohnRW
11-07-2003, 11:53 AM
NEDiv's NESCCA Enduro Series has just completed its inaugural season, and the Enduro Series 'Steering Committee' is looking for feedback in time for the NEDiv Mini-Con meetings in Hartford, in a few weeks. Input
from drivers and teams regarding rules packages, schedules and 'included car classes' is important for planning the 2004 season.

The 2003 rules package was designed to be 'tweak-able' by individual NEDiv Regions holding Enduro Series races. The Series set a simple basic rules package ('mandatory classes' like IT and SS, and a points
system), and left the rest of the specifics (race length, optional 'included classes', etc.) up to those Regions who were holding Seriesraces.

Enduro entries varied. An early season Nelson Ledges enduro had barely 10 cars, while the Watkins Glen 3 Hour in October had nearly 60 starters. Some participating Regions found that the Enduro Series could
turn a 'money-losing' weekend into a 'break-even' weekend...or better, so the Series has definately gotten their attention.

It's a good time to make yourself heard. The NESCCA Enduro Series Steering Committee would like input on 'included classes' and the
minimum rules package, but it's also time to let the leadership of each participating Region know of your interest in enduros.

Email addresses for the Enduro Series Steering Committee can be found at the site listed below. Both Roy Bergman and I are collecting 'driver input, so email us both. You can reach Roy at [email protected]
and you can reach me at [email protected]

Don't stop there....find the email address of the Roadrace Competition Board members for your home Region, and those of the Regions holding races you participate in. Let them know what you'd like to see. Drivers, while very verbal at the track, seem to become strangely silent when somebody asks them to offer input . We'll spend hours debating which color of lugnut is faster, but won't say squat when series rules are being formulated. Having been involved in the bureaucratic end of SCCA racing, it really amazes me how little feedback comes from drivers !

NESCCA Enduro Series Website:
http://www.users.fast.net/~nescca/enduroseries.htm