PDA

View Full Version : Import Challenge Entry up!

jrem72
09-22-2003, 07:42 PM
The online entry is up on NER.org. Who is going and do you think the will get the 38 cars they are looking for?

Nick Leverone
09-22-2003, 11:12 PM
Is there a ride in next years Touring race for the winner or just the $250.00 and is that per race or just final finishing positions.

------------------
Nick Leverone
04 ITS Mazda Rx-7
www.flatout-motorsports.com

Greg Amy
09-23-2003, 06:39 AM
I'm just inferring from the info I have, Nick, but I think there's no more rides for next year. The series is, effectively, dead. And, that's $250 per race.

I didn't see Kip driving in Touring this year; did he get that ride?

robits325is
09-23-2003, 11:35 AM
Does anyone know if we can use the $150 credit from the June(?) race that was cancelled for the Import Challenge? I believe that race was sanctioned by NER also.

Rob Driscoll

bgracing
09-23-2003, 12:17 PM
Rob,
I have not checked with registration to confirm this, but I would say you can use your credit at this event. it is a NER event

thanx Brian Mushnick

nyracer
09-23-2003, 03:06 PM
Do we need to let somebody at registration know beforehand if we are going to use the credit? If so, who?

------------------
BMW 325i ITS #8 NYR
motorcycleservices.com
herculescarwash.com

moto62
09-23-2003, 11:58 PM
Originally posted by jrem72:
The online entry is up on NER.org. Who is going and do you think the will get the 38 cars they are looking for?

I'll be there if I survive the narcoffs this coming weekend. It was a toss up between going to the Glen or doing the OMP. Hopefully, we'll have a full field of cars as we have had in the past but that is when it was a real series. I'm only disappointed at the fact that we're going to be the first race group. It was more funner when we followed the busch cars and people would actually stick around to watch the race.
Ray

bgracing
09-24-2003, 11:39 AM
you do not need permission in order to use
you credit, just mention it to who ever is helping you when you sign in.

Ray,
what are you talking about? you are running after the Busch race I believe that your first car is off at 4.45 p.m.

brian

moto62
09-24-2003, 11:56 PM
Originally posted by bgracing:
Ray,
what are you talking about? you are running after the Busch race I believe that your first car is off at 4.45 p.m.
brian

Oops! My bad. I looked at the race group details where it shows ITA/ITS slotted as race group 1. I never looked at the actual schedule.
Big thanks Brian. Now I can sleep in and through the busch race http://Forums.ImprovedTouring.com/it/smile.gif
Ray

moto62
09-30-2003, 12:34 AM
Originally posted by jrem72:

http://www.nescca.com/registration/current...count.asp?ID=66 (http://www.nescca.com/registration/currentcount.asp?ID=66)

28 entries so far. We need to get some more 'A' cars in this thing. How about some of the RX-7 contingencies. This is an NER event so I would imagine that it would be a 'MAZDA CUP' event for those involved, right? http://Forums.ImprovedTouring.com/it/wink.gif
Ray

dominojd
09-30-2003, 06:29 AM
What a crock. If you win it doesn't even cover the entry fee. A lousy $600 total purse including the hard charger award. The IT2 purse is even more than that. Did you guys look at the SRF pay outs. $10,000 purse. IT isn't insignificant in everyone's eyes or anything. I know IT is regional and for fun basically but, this is insulting.

Speaking of as Greg mentioned did Kip ever get his ride in the touring car from last year?

Sorry for the rant but, this just plain sucks.

------------------
Crazy Joe
#7 ITS pilot

bgracing
09-30-2003, 11:51 AM
Joe, all the SRF's did was raise the entry $100.00 and then found a sponsor to match the pool " a $5000.00 donation"

Prize pools can be generated for any race, all it takes is the cooperation of all the participants in your group and money..

if you want to pay more to race to fund a pool this can be done quit easily next year.

please don't complain about another groups forward thinking, it makes you look petty

brian mushnick

ITSRX7
09-30-2003, 12:19 PM
From what I understand, Kip's ride was postponed until next year. Probably better seeing as how that weekend was a total washout.

With regard to SRF, Brian is right. These sort of purses don't just happen by themselves in Club racing. Somebody got some initiative and found somebody with some bucks.

AB

------------------
Andy Bettencourt
06 ITS RX-7
FlatOut Motorsports
New England Region
www.flatout-motorsports.com

gran racing
09-30-2003, 01:11 PM
Too bad the IT race is so late in the day. At that point, many will be on there way out of lime rock. It would have been nice if at least one of the two sprints was earlier in the day.

dominojd
09-30-2003, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by bgracing:

Prize pools can be generated for any race, all it takes is the cooperation of all the participants in your group and money..

if you want to pay more to race to fund a pool this can be done quit easily next year.

please don't complain about another groups forward thinking, it makes you look petty

brian mushnick

I'm not complaining about another groups foreard thinking. S#@t I wish I had an SRF to go and race. I felt it was quite impressive how much their purse was. I don't know about the rest of the guys but, I would pay an extra 100 bucks for a chance to walk away with a $1000. The question is was anyone offered this option?

------------------
Crazy Joe
#7 ITS pilot

dominojd
09-30-2003, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by ITSRX7:
From what I understand, Kip's ride was postponed until next year. Probably better seeing as how that weekend was a total washout.

Idon't know about that some of those guys were slow in the rain. The way Kip drives he may have been up Pierre's tail pipe. http://Forums.ImprovedTouring.com/it/smile.gif

With regard to SRF, Brian is right. These sort of purses don't just happen by themselves in Club racing. Somebody got some initiative and found somebody with some bucks.

AB

How could we start a money fund for next year? Extra $25 a race for all IT cars. Pay it out at the NARRC. I'd say an average of 50 cars or more a weekend @$25 $1250 per weekend times at least 10 NARRC races that's more than 12g's. That's not chump change. You wouldn't even need a sponsor to come up with money.

------------------
Crazy Joe
#7 ITS pilot

itracer
09-30-2003, 08:34 PM
Quote: "I'd say an average of 50 cars or more a weekend @$25 $1250 per weekend times at least 10 NARRC races that's more than 12g's."

I would not support this. The NARRC Runoffs are already an exciting event without any payout. The National runoffs do not have a purse that is paid for by drivers. Everything they earn as prizes is paid for by sponsors. Come to think about it, Pro racing does not create it’s own purse? Why should we?

$25 per race x 8 races = 1 ½ Tires. I’ll take the tires, thanks.

Find sponsors and you can have your purse. If not, I think you will be racing for the $20 trophy and the Mazda belt.

Jason
ITB 17 NER
A LONG way from a top 3

lateapex911
09-30-2003, 09:28 PM
I just got back from the Busch Media day at LRP. Some of us gave media types rides around the track, put our cars on display, did the press conference thing, and the usual dog and pony show. Then in the afternoon, it was a test day.

The rumour I heard before the event was that we, the IT crowd, are on our last year.

The press conference was more of a series of speeches, and one concerned the Spec Racers. It was stated that their race wasn't on the bill for awhile as SCCA cancelled the whole Pro Spec Racer program earlier this year. The drivers didn't like it, got together, and essentially put their own program together. In so doing, they were industrious and came up with a sponsor for that one race.

I'd say there were 20 or so Busch cars testing, a few of us IT guys, and a bunch of Legends cars. They are, um, interesting. A few were well driven, others were, shall we say-unorthodox-, and some were just plain weaving and blocking. They do go in straight line though. Nothing the S guys coudn't handle!

------------------
Jake Gulick
CarriageHouse Motorsports
ITA 57 RX-7
New England Region
[email protected]

Greg Amy
10-01-2003, 10:33 AM
<font face=\"Verdana, Arial\" size=\"2\">The (SRF) drivers ... got together, and essentially put their own program together.</font>

Which is exactly what we did for the IT2 Challenge at the ARRC Runoffs. All it takes is motivation and time.

<font face=\"Verdana, Arial\" size=\"2\">Legends ... few were ... just plain weaving and blocking.</font>

I stuffed a couple of those little ba****ds into the runoff area at Turn One. Not proud of it, but I think I got my point across to them...

Jake
10-01-2003, 10:53 AM
<font face=\"Verdana, Arial\" size=\"2\">How could we start a money fund for next year? Extra $25 a race for all IT cars. Pay it out at the NARRC. </font>

That's a great idea - NOT!!

So we can collect more money from all the racers that can barely afford to race and give it to the fastest racers with the fastest most expensive cars?!? That's all we need - more incentive to build $50,000+ IT cars. I'd be more inclined to have a Rookie of the year trophy.

robits325is
10-03-2003, 01:40 PM
If anyone plans on using the $150 credit from the cancelled June race toward the entry fee for the Import Challenge you have to call NER Comptroller, Elizabeth Ames first.

lateapex911
10-03-2003, 08:59 PM
Looking at the registration list, I am struck by the fact that there are 3 non IT entries. An SSC, an Ep and something else. What's up with that?

------------------
Jake Gulick
CarriageHouse Motorsports
ITA 57 RX-7
New England Region
[email protected]

Greg Amy
10-03-2003, 10:35 PM
<font face=\"Verdana, Arial\" size=\"2\">...call NER Comptroller, Elizabeth Ames first...</font>

Does she have an email address to avoid several calls at odd hours of the day/night?

<font face=\"Verdana, Arial\" size=\"2\">...there are 3 non IT entries...What's up with that?</font>

Resistance to actually reading the supplementary regulations...?

dickita15
10-04-2003, 06:54 AM
Originally posted by grega:
Does she have an email address to avoid several calls at odd hours of the day/night?

no she only takes calls

...there are 3 non IT entries...What's up with that?

Resistance to actually reading the supplementary regulations...?

most likely a driver who usually rune another car and the data base picked that up. we had a FA registered in the 3 hr enduro
dick