PDA

View Full Version : Northeast SCCA Trivia

RSTPerformance
09-23-2003, 04:49 PM
What is the largest number of entrants ever at an SCCA Regional Event in the Northeast?

What is the largest class Entry at any one event in the Northeast?

How about some other interesting tid-bit trivia for us??? anyone got some???

Raymond Blethen

(Possibly this would be a fun thing to add into "Pit Talk")

PS: I do not know the answers to these questions, I am looking for answers!!!

Scott Nutter
09-23-2003, 09:57 PM
Then let's post some bars, not that I know any answers.

An entry list would have to top 300, and wasn't the 12 hour enduro at Summit point greater than the 25 car per mile limit as mandated by SCCA?

Had to add the 'mile' http://Forums.ImprovedTouring.com/it/smile.gif

[This message has been edited by Scott Nutter (edited September 23, 2003).]

Terry Hanushek
09-23-2003, 11:14 PM
Raymond

<font face=\"Verdana, Arial\" size=\"2\">What is the largest number of entrants ever at an SCCA Regional Event in the Northeast?</font>

I believe that the year's Labor Day Double MARRS at Summit Point had aroiund 360 entries. I am not aware of a larger event.

<font face=\"Verdana, Arial\" size=\"2\">What is the largest class Entry at any one event in the Northeast?</font>

In the second year of SRX7, I believe there were a couple events at Summit Point with 50 cars (track max). I am not sure if they all made it through the first turn. http://Forums.ImprovedTouring.com/it/smile.gif

Terry

[This message has been edited by Terry Hanushek (edited September 23, 2003).]

7racing
09-24-2003, 09:32 AM
I think I recall back in the '80s that there were over 40 FF for a National or something stupid like that. It was Bryar during the "Coca-Cola Nationals".

What was the FF entry for the LRP FF Festival a bunch of years ago?

Jeremy

Blix
09-24-2003, 01:50 PM
The most in one race group is gonna be a full race with waiver at the longest track in the NE...is that The Glen? We put 44 on the track in SM/ITA last weekend at the Glen. I know...I started 44th.

Eric
NER SM #02

JackH55
09-24-2003, 05:46 PM
Eric is right the largest race group would have had to have been on the long course at WGI- SCCA will let you put 83 cars on the course at one time. I know I was in an IMSA race there and I was qualified about 63rd and had over 30 cars behind me.
Jack

Super7
09-24-2003, 06:09 PM
The largest SINGLE Class race I remember was the famous Formula Ford race at the Bridge, where 4 cars made it into the first turn. :-(

40 car races were not uncommon for the fords at lime rock, either.

Back then, the 25/mile rule was not as strictly enforced.

7racing
09-25-2003, 09:19 AM
Originally posted by JackH55:
I know I was in an IMSA race there and I was qualified about 63rd and had over 30 cars behind me.
Jack

I probably have a grid sheet from a 75 car IT race group on the long course at WGI. Not sure which class had the most entries that day.

MMiskoe
09-25-2003, 09:38 PM
The 12 hr at Summit started 54 cars this year (40 finished). I saw an ITA/C race at WGI that had 58 or 60. The total for the weekend was something silly like 375? My race group was decent sized at 54 that day.