PDA

View Full Version : Lime Rock OMP in October

TimM ITB
08-19-2003, 06:55 PM
Does anyone have any information on the upcoming OMP Challenge at LRP during the Busch North event?? Is there a website that is available that would have specifics?

thanks

p99ro
08-19-2003, 10:29 PM
Its in Oct.

7racing
08-20-2003, 09:10 AM
It's for ITS and ITA, format is 2 15 lap "heat" races. I have no idea on practice/qualifying/price.

Jeremy

gran racing
09-05-2003, 10:14 PM
Still no updates? I'm really curious about pricing. I didn't see anything on the NER site either.

Greg Amy
09-06-2003, 09:03 AM
If it's anything like last year, then the entry is $300. The event, I believe, is sanctioned by Lime Rock and not SCCA (but I don't know that for a fact).

We will run as a support race for the Busch Series October 10-11, and we typically get a practice, qualifying, and then two back-to-back 12-lap races, with the lineup on the second based on finish in the first.

The event is chaired by Peter Roberts. I'll email him for an update.

As an aside, this is likely the last OMP Challenge race for us. In conversation with Peter I was told that "It is doubtful if the series will continue in 2004, and if it does it will probably move away from IT." That's too bad, because this series is one of the reasons I chose IT when getting back into racing...

So, get it while you can. Details to follow when available.

Greg

Greg Amy
09-06-2003, 09:20 PM
From Peter. As an aside, I've already volunteered my car for the Media Day, so you guys can fight for the scraps...<grin>

Greg,

You would do us a great favor by passing along that the OMP is now the Lime Rock Park Challenge. Same format of two 15 lap sprints. Registration will be posted early next week at www.nescca.com/registration (http://www.nescca.com/registration). There will be an entry limit of 38 cars.

Also, Lime Rock is looking for four extra clean and pretty cars for its Busch Media Day on Tuesday, October 7th. Need the cars at the Track about 9:30am to provide ride-arounds for the Media. The afternoon will be a free Test and Tune for those cars. Good media exposure and a nice opportunity to set up the car.

Thanks for your help!

Peter

jrem72
09-12-2003, 10:25 AM
Anyone have any more info? It is only a month away and if they expect to attract cars they may want to get some info out.

bgracing
09-12-2003, 11:38 AM
Tha sanction has been applied for

the entry will be $300.00 open to any ITS or ITA car

It will be on line early next week

brian m

gran racing
09-12-2003, 03:18 PM
From people that have done it in the past, is it worth the extra money / entry fee? Sounds good (even if it doesn't rain).

dickita15
09-12-2003, 06:54 PM
well if you are a contender and get off onracing in front of a crowd sure. me i think i will go to the glen that weekend
dick

lateapex911
09-12-2003, 07:19 PM
I dunno, Dick, I think it might be worth the extra clams to NOT have to tow the extra 4 hours, up and down hills, stay in the fea-baggiest hotels this side of Rochester, and get my race cancelled halfway because farmer M.E.Squeaky, who lives two miles from the track thinks his 10 foot satelite dish doesn't get the best reception when the 'furrin cars are runnin' up the road apeice at the track", and has caused the track to shut down early..

Plus the place blows when it rains, and hey...it's the middle of October in the middle of upstate NY...it's gonna rain, and it's gonna be COLD!
(Just think how it was at LRP last year, diving for lug nuts as they sank to the bottom of the grass swamp we called a paddock before the water iced over, and subtract 10 degrees!)

Of course, that's just my opinion, but I did spend 4 years in upstate NY at college...
(and yes, accepting the admission was clearly failing an intelligence test of sorts, but we already knew that...I race IT!)

besides, we'd miss you at the Rock!

------------------
Jake Gulick
CarriageHouse Motorsports
ITA 57 RX-7
New England Region
[email protected]

[This message has been edited by lateapex911 (edited September 12, 2003).]

[This message has been edited by lateapex911 (edited September 12, 2003).]

moto62
09-13-2003, 12:48 AM
Originally posted by gran racing:
From people that have done it in the past, is it worth the extra money / entry fee? Sounds good (even if it doesn't rain).

Well! It is the grandest of events for us IT drivers, usually some great racing and a fair amount of track time. Champaigne on the podium if you make it there, many a Kodak moments, in front of a couple thousand spectators, a couple of other good races to watch during the day, I would say it's definately worth it.
The original plan for us was to go to the Glen also but considering that this may or is the last hooplahhhh we should stick around and enjoy it. Besides, 1 1/2 hrs to the Rock, 5 hrs to the Glen. Hmmmm!
Ray (still undecided)

gran racing
09-13-2003, 08:35 AM
This brings up another question. The cars that run in this event, I'm assuming are the faster cars of ITA (and ITS for that matter), right? I'm already towards the back of the pack in a regular regional ITA race. Not sure it would be much fun if I were way behind. So, is this typically a faster race?

lateapex911
09-13-2003, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by gran racing:
This brings up another question. The cars that run in this event, I'm assuming are the faster cars of ITA (and ITS for that matter), right? I'm already towards the back of the pack in a regular regional ITA race. Not sure it would be much fun if I were way behind. So, is this typically a faster race?

Yup. It's the big throwdown.

I can't remember who was the chief steward, who years ago in one of, if not THE first support race ('93) said, "Boys...we are here to entertain. When the race is over it is over. No adjustments to the finishing order. So no BS... Leave the V8s at home."
I remember thinking at the time....'geeeez...I wish I knew that! I would have brought my V8!'. It seemed obvious that there would be no protests accepted, and scrutineering would be ummm...lax.

It's a great event, but I don't think lap records should stand from the event as legality is a known "issue".

------------------
Jake Gulick
ITA 57 RX-7
New England Region
[email protected]

dominojd
09-14-2003, 04:20 PM
HMMMM does anyone want to help me shoehorn a small block chevy in my Nissan. :)

RSTPerformance
09-14-2003, 06:52 PM
Jake-

You don't like lime rock in the rain??? That has to be the best track to race in the rain... if you know the rain line!!! me personally, I pray for rain every time we head down to lime rock. Although yes the padock or swamp does suck in the rain.

Raymond "wondering why NER hasn't had 1 rain race this season.." Blethen

lateapex911
09-14-2003, 08:04 PM
Originally posted by RSTPerformance:
Jake-

You don't like lime rock in the rain??? That has to be the best track to race in the rain... if you know the rain line!!! me personally, I pray for rain every time we head down to lime rock. Although yes the padock or swamp does suck in the rain.

Nope, I LOVE LRP in the rain. And the Glen as well. But the Glen in the rain in OCT? When there's a cool race at LRP? I guess I see the point about the extra $, but I bet it would cost me the same $ to go to the Glen, and an extra 7 hours as well. I do wish I was a fast frontruner though!

(You know, for the rental rates LRP gets, I wish they would do some drainage work to the paddock....)

------------------
Jake Gulick
ITA 57 RX-7
New England Region
[email protected]

moto62
09-14-2003, 11:45 PM
Originally posted by RSTPerformance:
Jake-

I think you just jinxed it http://Forums.ImprovedTouring.com/it/mad.gif

Ray( who thinks that racing in the rain sucks more than watching Mike Schuey win F1 every weekend) Lee Chee

ITSRX7
09-15-2003, 01:24 PM
No chance it will be sunny for the NARRC Runoffs.

(In reverse jinx mode)

AB

------------------
Andy Bettencourt
06 ITS RX-7
FlatOut Motorsports
New England Region
www.flatout-motorsports.com

dpc
09-15-2003, 05:05 PM
Hey guys, $300 entry fee and a $250 pay back for first place, talked to someone who saw the entry form(jack H). dave

bgracing
09-16-2003, 11:49 AM
UPDATE!

NER is waiting for the sanction # from Topeka, the problemn is every one from Topeka is at Mid Ohio...

we may not get registration up till next monday.

sorry
Brian m