PDA

View Full Version : Watkins Glen 6/13-14

Scott Nutter
09-01-2003, 05:24 PM
Got the new tow rig, car is presentable, looking forward to driving a new track.

Anybody else ?
Scott Nutter

Rich Smith, you were well founded. Let's go racing.

RSTPerformance
09-02-2003, 08:40 AM
6/13-14

???

It is 9/1 when you posted this...

Raymond

Scott Nutter
09-02-2003, 09:06 AM
Duh! I meant to type 9/13-14

rkracing
09-03-2003, 04:27 PM
Scott,

We plan on going to WGI in a couple weeks. It's usually a pretty big turn out with a pig roast Sat evening which in the past has been GREAT...beer too!!

I look forward to mixing it up with you again as well.

Rich Smith
#95 ITA CRX

joeg
09-03-2003, 04:57 PM
Hopefully the weather will be nicer.

RSTPerformance
09-03-2003, 05:06 PM
We wont be at the Glen in September but we will be at the Glen in October!!! Looking forward to runing the enduro!!!

Raymond Blethen
RST Performance Racing
www.rstperformance.com (http://www.rstperformance.com)

Jake
09-03-2003, 08:12 PM
Me and Dave will be at the Glen for the Emra race and Enduro too.

Scott Nutter
09-03-2003, 09:25 PM
Sent the Entry in last night, looks like 6 ITA, 7 ITS, and 24 SM registered for group 2. 150 total so far.

Weaver7
09-05-2003, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by rkracing:
Scott,

We plan on going to WGI in a couple weeks. It's usually a pretty big turn out with a pig roast Sat evening which in the past has been GREAT...beer too!!

I look forward to mixing it up with you again as well.

Rich Smith
#95 ITA CRX

Hopefully there will be no downpours at the start! See everyone there.

Bill Weaver
#63 ITA RX7

R2 Racing
09-07-2003, 10:16 PM
My Dad and I are going to Watkins Glen next weekend for the first time ever. I'm really looking forward to it! A lot of people this weekend at Mid Ohio were real jealous. We'll have two bright orange ITC Honda Civic's. Please, feel free to stop by and say hi.

It looks like it should be about an 8 hour drive for us (Columbus, OH). Not too bad I don't think. Also, does anyone know what the typical ITC field is or how many are actually registered?

------------------
Kevin
R2 Racing
'92 ITC Honda Civic CX
'85 ITC Honda Civic S
'95 ITS Honda Prelude Si

JohnRW
09-08-2003, 01:52 PM
Entries as of Sunday, 9/7: 288

Group 1= 45
Group 2= 60 (SM's =30)
Group 3= 41
Group 4 = 36
Group 5 = 34
Group 6 = 23
Group 7 = 49

Don't have more specifics that that right now...

RX767
09-11-2003, 09:09 AM
Scott and Kevin(R2)

I look forward to meeting you both. Watkins Glen is a great track with top notch facilities.
My Dad and I both plan to race this weekend. He will race his red TR3 (EP) and I will race my black with blue RX7 (ITA). I have no idea where we will end up paddocked since John RW's numbers indicate a packed weekend. I wonder if they will split group two?

Are you both towing across I80? If so, I can save you some time around Williamsport if your directions have you connecting to 15 directly from I80.

Another directional item that could cause a first timer problems is actually finding the track. I have not been to WGI since 2001 so maybe this has changed. When you are coming out of Corning on 414 you will need to find Bronson Hill Road. It is on the left about 15-20 minutes out. The sign is about the size of a cafeteria tray, appears with no warning, and real easy to miss. When you find Bronson Hill follow it to the end. The track will appear on the right and the registration building is at the end on the left.

Here are a couple of sites that will give you some insights into the long couse which we are to run on Sat. and the short NASCAR version that we will run on Sun.

Long:
http://www.gvc-bmwcca.org/watkinsglen/imag...ges/theglen.mov (http://www.gvc-bmwcca.org/watkinsglen/images/theglen.mov)

Short:
http://merkurclub.com/images/glen2kshort.zip

Bill Emery
Glen Region
ITA#23

Scott Nutter
09-11-2003, 09:23 AM
I will be comming accross I86. I probably won't get there until 9 at the earliest, gotta wait for the kids to get home from school before I can start the 6 hour tow. My parents (Tom and Bev Nutter) left on Tuesday, to tour the wine country, so hopefully I will be able to find them when I get there. If you happen to see them stop by and say hey, they have a 33' Coachman Catalina and are towing a red 91 240SX. My car is a Blue with Orange #85 Rx7 ITA.

Bill: Maybe I can get some pointers from you.

I'm getting excited! Not sure how much work I'm going to get done today http://Forums.ImprovedTouring.com/it/smile.gif

tdw6974
09-11-2003, 10:02 AM
Well for all venturing to the Glen for the First Time nice weather has been arranged. Having been a tech inspector in my former life I recieved a call about helping for the weekend as entries are now at 288. We will be in garage 2B next to the tech Area stop and say hello if you get chance. Tom weaver Truck driver for 80 RX-7 ITA # 63 If anyone has a front whl bearing cap bring it along apparently we left one at Summit Point.

RX767
09-11-2003, 12:19 PM
Scott,
I know the feeling. It is tough to concentrate today, and even harder tomarrow since I will be sitting a seminar all day.

As far as pointers, I am still learning to drive. This weekend will be the first time I have raced in two years. I have installed the G-Force suspension from back to front and I am naturally apprehensive as to how the car will intially handle. If I have any spare parts that will keep your weekend going, you are welcome to them.

Tom,
Thank you for volunteering as a tech inspector for the weekend. My Dad and I will both be among those who need annual techs. As for the dust cap, I will look and see if I have another one. I had a tough time replacing this cap. If I recall correctly, the auto parts store did not have a listing for the cap. I pulled the other side and went to NAPA mathced it with one they had in stock for a another make and model.

Bill Emery
Glen Region
ITA#23

joeg
09-12-2003, 10:02 AM
Rain in the forecast for Saturday.