PDA

View Full Version : Enduro Strategy - How the heck???

ITSRX7
08-21-2003, 07:27 AM
This shouldn't be letting the cat out of the bag for any teams...

How do you keep track of who is leading for 3 hours? Do you have one or two crew members dedicated to that? Are we allowed access to the T&S building mid race? Just thinking it over, it would seem pretty hard to keep track after pit stops, yellows, etc.

AB

------------------
Andy Bettencourt
06 ITS RX-7
FlatOut Motorsports
New England Region
www.flatout-motorsports.com

dominojd
08-21-2003, 08:10 AM
Last year at the Glen they had a monitor set up along pit road with the running order. If that wasn't there I wouldn't have had a clue.

------------------
Crazy Joe
#7 ITS pilot

itbgti
08-21-2003, 08:11 AM
Andy,

Remember that application I had one of developers create....that is what the original intent was for. I have it set so you can "code" any number of cars (only limited by the number of keys on a keyboard) to one key, and each time the car comes by, just hit that key.....very simple and gives on screen data. you just have to have someone who is pretty attentive to do it...even if you miss a lap, you will be able to notice it due to having one lap being double of a typical time.

Later
Alan

ITSRX7
08-21-2003, 08:22 AM
Alan,

Should I bring my laptop? http://Forums.ImprovedTouring.com/it/smile.gif

And as a reminder to all - I have already talked with two entrants with HUGE fuel cells....supps for this race say no bigger than 110% of stock size is legal...

AB

------------------
Andy Bettencourt
06 ITS RX-7
FlatOut Motorsports
New England Region
www.flatout-motorsports.com

Terry Hanushek
08-21-2003, 12:28 PM
Andy

++ How do you keep track of who is leading for 3 hours? ++

Most multi-hour enduros publish hourly updates to track the competition. We've done that at Summit for our 4/6/12 hour events. I'm not sure about the 3 hour but it would be easy enough to check ahead of time.

Terry

dickita15
08-21-2003, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by Terry Hanushek:
Most multi-hour enduros publish hourly updates to track the competition. We've done that at Summit for our 4/6/12 hour events. I'm not sure about the 3 hour but it would be easy enough to check ahead of time.
Terry
unfortunately i just thought to ask timeing last friday. we do not have the stuff for a remote monitor ( i will put it on my wish list.) so we are planning on paper. we have not pulled results during a session before so we will test it during qualifying. should know all the answers by the drivers meeting.
dick