PDA

View Full Version : Mr. Bettencourt....

JeffYoung
06-07-2005, 01:00 PM
Motor goes in the Jensen tonight..expected debut Roebling, July. Will have pictures soon.....the car looks great, here's to 2200 lbs of race weight. Hope she is competitive.

Andy Bettencourt
06-07-2005, 02:01 PM
AWESOME!!!!!!!

May the engine gods be with you young Skywalker...

Andy

------------------
Andy Bettencourt
New England Region, R188967
www.flatout-motorsports.com (http://www.flatout-motorsports.com)

zracre
06-07-2005, 03:43 PM
Cool, I will be there too with the integra..it will be my first time there in practice for the SIC. If you need anything feel free to ask....just look for the white integra...i also plan to run the test day

------------------
Evan Darling
ITA Integra

Ron Earp
06-07-2005, 03:43 PM
Yeah, lest the Dark Side tempt me and I build a BMW from frustration with a JH!

------------------
Ron Earp
NC Region
Ford Lightning
RF GT40 Replica
White Jensen-Healey ITS
Silver "Skull" 260Z ITS
Email: "rlearp at gt40s.com"

Knestis
06-07-2005, 03:46 PM
Best wishes for the debut, guys. I kind of hope that you aren't TOO successful, lest the ITAC ballast gods pee in your punchbowl.

K

JeffYoung
06-07-2005, 04:28 PM
Given the teething problems we are experiencing with improving the TR8, I expect it will be a while before the JH sniffs anywhere near the front.

BUT, at 2200 it is damn light for ITS. We think at Roebling and CMP, it could be the car to have. Think about it...it weighs 100 lbs LESS than an SM and has probably 30-40 more......

Ron Earp
06-07-2005, 07:06 PM
I'll get some pics up later today/tonight of the motor. It does look good, sort of falls into that "contraption" classification with all the exposed timing gears, pulleys, and twin carbs with lots of mechanical bits. Definitely more visual than modern engines with plastic engine covers!

R

------------------
Ron Earp
NC Region
Ford Lightning
RF GT40 Replica
White Jensen-Healey ITS
Silver "Skull" 260Z ITS
Email: "rlearp at gt40s.com"

JeffYoung
06-07-2005, 07:22 PM
Yep, when that thing comes apart, it will be SPECTACULAR.

Evan, we will look for you at Roebling. We'll probably need help getting a hulk of some sort on the trailer, either the JH or the TR8.

Kirk, you making the trip to Savannah?