PDA

View Full Version : $50,000 Porsche??

JeffYoung
04-27-2005, 09:32 AM
Is that a $50k Porsche for sale inthe IT classifieds, or am I just crazy?

joeg
04-27-2005, 11:13 AM
You are not crazy..."accept no substitute"

lateapex911
04-27-2005, 09:57 PM
That's interesting...Chris went to the walls on that build...why ya selling so soon Chris??

------------------
Jake Gulick
CarriageHouse Motorsports
ITA 57 RX-7
New England Region
[email protected]

Ron Earp
04-27-2005, 10:15 PM
It looks like a nice car and I'd love to own it. But, just more proof to the point that if people think this is about having washer bottles and all that other "philosophy of the class" stuff, it is time to wake up, the times have changed.

Question though - I don't recall manual racks being offered on these cars but I could easily be wrong.

R

------------------
Ron Earp
NC Region
Ford Lightning
RF GT40 Replica
Jensen-Healey ITS
1/2 a 260Z ITS

[This message has been edited by rlearp (edited April 27, 2005).]

ChrisCamadella
04-27-2005, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by lateapex911:
That's interesting...Chris went to the walls on that build...why ya selling so soon Chris??

The truth is that I just don't have enough time to work, race, and spend time with my kids... I guess I want to spend time with them while they still want to spend time with me.

In a few years, I'm sure I'll build another car - in the meantime, maybe I'll rent a Spec Rambo or two to keep my license...

I'm sure I'll see you around...

Cheers,

Chris

[This message has been edited by ChrisCamadella (edited April 27, 2005).]

lateapex911
04-27-2005, 10:49 PM
Too bad..I wanted to see you in that car in Atlanta at the ARRCs to answer the big question....

Sorry you and Kurt couldn't make it last year.

------------------
Jake Gulick
CarriageHouse Motorsports
ITA 57 RX-7
New England Region
[email protected]

Team SSR
04-29-2005, 01:04 PM
"Question though - I don't recall manual racks being offered on these cars but I could easily be wrong."

It was offered on the early - early models, not sure if it was available after '84????

Ron Earp
04-29-2005, 01:18 PM
If not then it could not be used on a 944S car since they appear on different lines in the ITSC.

------------------
Ron Earp
NC Region
Ford Lightning
RF GT40 Replica
Jensen-Healey ITS
1/2 a 260Z ITS

ChrisCamadella
04-30-2005, 08:56 AM
Originally posted by Team SSR:
"Question though - I don't recall manual racks being offered on these cars but I could easily be wrong."

Power steering is actually an option on all normally aspirated models. Not very many cars came without the option, but it was an option nonetheless. It is perfectly legal to run with the manual steering.

RSTPerformance
05-02-2005, 11:18 AM
Just a quick sidenote..... I saw another ITS Porche that is probably going to be in the top running at the ARRC. Remember that rumor about Kip... It got an annual this past weekend at NHIS.

Andy Bettencourt
05-02-2005, 12:01 PM
We knew it wasn't a rumor...he is destined for LRP this weekend!

Should be great.

AB

JeffYoung
05-02-2005, 02:11 PM
Mark Nasarallah has a black one (a 944s) in the SEDiv. Good looking car that appears to have potential. Will be interested to see what a maxed out 944s will do.

wpspeedracer
05-02-2005, 04:56 PM
I'm still hanging around...got all my PCA racing out of the way and will be at Daytona this weekend for my first SCCA event. Chris's car sounds nice....I'm slowly working towards that point. Ran into a snag with the Motec unit....need a map....can't find one anywhere....everything else is done. Anyone going to be at Daytona this weekend?
mark

wpspeedracer
05-02-2005, 05:17 PM
[quote]Originally posted by ChrisCamadella:
[B] Power steering is actually an option on all normally aspirated models.

Better check that out. Here is the link for all options available on 944's and I don't see "power steering" unless I missed it.

http://www.cantonia.com/watercooler.html

83's come with the manual rack, 84 & on are all power if I'm not mistaken.

Mark

I stand corrected...Option CoOde #657 - Power Steering.....

[This message has been edited by wpspeedracer (edited May 02, 2005).]