PDA

View Full Version : Porsche 944S

JeffYoung
10-14-2004, 10:41 PM
Saw one for the first time on track this weekend. Mark Nasarallah (sp? sorry if I got it wrong Mark) at Roebling in a beautiful black one. Cool car, and near the top of the speed charts in first qual.

Mark, if you read this, what do you think of the car? Power at all comparable to the BMWs?

wpspeedracer
10-15-2004, 08:40 AM
Roebling was great....all I need to do is learn how to drive faster...Bimmers still have me by about 20 hp - 30 hp and we are the same weight. Rumor has it that next year they are having weight added to them....that'll help. I just need to find a few more hp!!! and you were close on the name...just take out one of the 'a' s
Nasrallah

thanks
mark

RR
10-15-2004, 03:58 PM
Mark, have you rebuilt the motor?? Or done anything to the head? Its strange how nobody has or is racing these cars.

wpspeedracer
10-16-2004, 06:48 AM
Actually there are 3 of us that I know of right now. One our of Birimgham (Barber) and one from South Carolina that I raced against at the Rensport Reunion at Daytona. Since there were no existing 'S' race cars to buy, I had to build this one from scratch. I broke the whole car down and put it back together..and It has taken me the better part of a year to get it sorted. ( I started March 03' and it hit the track for the first time in Sept. 03')
This last several months it has finally started coming together and the car is running really good. I still have to find a good chip for it...right now, there are none available except the standard street chips that don't really do that much and 944 n/a chips run too lean so I'm still running stock there. Everything else is per the book. The head is a big deal! they only made 8600 'S' models so heads are limited and you have to reinforce them at the chain tower or you will grenade your motor if the chain ever breaks. Other than that, it's just a great driving - perfectly balanced 944 that handling is its best attribute. That's why Roebling is a great palce to go...it's a technical track, not a horspower track.

mark

------------------
Mark Nasrallah
TAZ
944 S
#54 ITS