PDA

View Full Version : Porsche 944

raceready70
01-04-2004, 10:04 AM
I have a 1986 Porsche 944. I am hoping someone here can nelp me with the fuel test port. Where do I install it? Anyone that can give me an idea of where to actually tie it in I would greatly appreciate. This is my first SCCA car I am building.

JLawton
01-05-2004, 08:40 AM
I bought a kit (and I'll have to dig out the paperwork at home to see where it came from) that was less than $30. I put it in just above the fuel filter. The kit comes with everything you need, even the hose. Very simple to install and use. Sorry I don't have the specifics at this time........ I also built my own 83. If you have any other questions, feel free to e-mail me.
[email protected]

------------------
Jeff L
#17 944

racer_tim
01-06-2004, 06:46 PM
All I did on my VW with CIS, was to add a Banjo bolt to the fuel filter, (FI side not from the tank) and added a 2nd fuel injector line, then installed a screw and 2 brass washers, and a bolt on the other end. I just have to remember to tape 2 wrenches to the cage so I have them when I get to tech after a session.

------------------
Tim Linerud
San Francisco Region SCCA
#95 GP Wabbit (Bent)
http://linerud.myvnc.com/racing/index.html

[This message has been edited by racer_tim (edited January 06, 2004).]

sgraves
01-08-2004, 06:12 PM
I have been able to use the factory test port off the front of the fuel rail since the rule was in place. The downside is carrying the wrench and hose in the car all the time.

For this year, I am looking at putting a T in the fuel return line with a section of hose coming off the T that will allow me to take the sample away from the hot parts of the engine. The hose will remain in place and caped off when not in use. I have seen it used on other cars and it works well.

dickita15
01-09-2004, 08:16 AM
Originally posted by sgraves:
I have been able to use the factory test port off the front of the fuel rail since the rule was in place. The downside is carrying the wrench and hose in the car all the time.

you do not need to have the wrench and hose in the car. keep it in you tool box. you only need to bring it with you for tech. if you are impounded and asked fer a sample you can walk back to your paddock spot and get the wrench. you must provide a fuel sample if asked before the 30 minute impound limit ends.
dick

raceready70
01-13-2004, 12:06 PM
Thanks for all the advice. I was thinking of using the test port off of the fuel rail. I bought one of those hose kits with the click release end so I may not need to carry an tools once installed.