PDA

View Full Version : ITS VOLVO 850GLT

zracer22
12-28-2001, 03:31 PM
I recently acquired a 1994 Volvo 850 GLT. I was surprised to see it classified as ITS. I haven't seen one on the track yet. Does anyone here race one or know of someone who does? After some aggressive street driving, I'm under the impression that it will make a pretty good racecar.

rsportvolvo
11-10-2002, 06:40 PM
I think the 850 will be a great ITS car! Very successful in the BTCC. Anyone racing one? Anyone planning on racing/building one? I think the 850 is a fair match for the E36 BMW's. Any opinions?

------------------
David Russell
'80 ITB Volvo 242 under construction
[email protected]

rsportvolvo
11-15-2003, 08:32 PM
Now that I have put over 20,000 miles on my 850 since April, I am very impressed. It has a very nice power band, handles well, no torque steer, etc. I believe it will make a very nice ITS car. For those of you who hate the BMW's in ITS, may I suggest you build a Volvo 850. The aluminum DOHC 5-cylinder was designed with Porsche assistance. With 168bhp stock, and the ITCS being what it is. This car should be able to do very well. It certainly did well against the E36 in the BTCC, even as an estate.

If anyone is interested in building an 850, please email me. I have done some extensive research and can point you in the right direction.

------------------
David Russell
[email protected]

Super Swift
11-16-2003, 01:04 AM
I am a little bit of a specs nerd. Has anybody else noticed the hp rating of the last year clasified? little more than 168.

I hope i made a misstake. http://Forums.ImprovedTouring.com/it/smile.gif

Knestis
11-16-2003, 11:46 AM
I'm a little surprised at how affordable donor cars are on cars.com...

K

rsportvolvo
11-17-2003, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by Super Swift:
I am a little bit of a specs nerd. Has anybody else noticed the hp rating of the last year clasified? little more than 168.

I hope i made a misstake. http://Forums.ImprovedTouring.com/it/smile.gif

Unfortunatly the '97 850 GLT uses a low pressure turbocharged engine (LPT). That is where the 190 bhp comes from.

No one seems to be interested in the Volvo's for ITS. Oh well, someone has to be the first.

------------------
David Russell
[email protected]

itafiero
11-18-2003, 02:01 AM
Originally posted by rsportvolvo:
Unfortunatly the '97 850 GLT uses a low pressure turbocharged engine (LPT). That is where the 190 bhp comes from.

No one seems to be interested in the Volvo's for ITS. Oh well, someone has to be the first.

I was wondering about that as well. Looks like a mistake since turbos aren't allowed in IT. Also not sure why all 850 non-turbos weren't listed in the book since I don't think there is a difference once you make them an IT car.

Alan
ITA Fiero
'96 Volvo family wagon

zracer22
11-18-2003, 02:12 AM
Originally posted by itafiero:

I was wondering about that as well. Looks like a mistake since turbos aren't allowed in IT. Also not sure why all 850 non-turbos weren't listed in the book since I don't think there is a difference once you make them an IT car.

Alan
ITA Fiero
'96 Volvo family wagon

And the BMW Z4 was in SSB until the middle of September......It's no wonder that officials can't enforce the rules consistantly. If two guys show up next spring, one with a Turbo 850 GLT and one with the non turbo 850 S, could you imagine the cluster f%#$ as they all stood around looking at the GCR and scratching their heads.