PDA

View Full Version : Porsche 912-E?

Prince Makaha
11-15-2003, 10:25 AM
Big brakes............etc.

Any thoughts?

Greg Amy
11-15-2003, 10:42 AM
I think everybody's got the "wait and see" attitude...the way things are going with IT - and ITS specifically - very few people are willing to make the investment until it all shakes out.

Super Swift
11-15-2003, 12:44 PM
The 912 E might be the worst ITA a car classified. 86 hp. so starting with over 50 less than the 240sx. Hey it might even be a bad ITB car if the ever move it down.

The 912 E is one of those cars that needs to be dropped from the ITCS.

I feel I need to say 86 hp!! yak

lateapex911
11-17-2003, 12:23 AM
I don't think they did the 911 any favors in ITS either, which is too bad. Lots of Porshe club guys have cars and the time to race them, and who knows, some of them might be tempted to make the jump into SCCA. I think the number of events available for them to race in per year is locally, at least, limited.

------------------
Jake Gulick
CarriageHouse Motorsports
ITA 57 RX-7
New England Region
[email protected]

Blix
11-17-2003, 04:46 PM
Actually Jake, as a member of the PCA, I must admit they have nearly as many races in the area as we do. However, the real trouble in getting them over here would be the differences in rules. They have a 13/13 rule which states if you touch another car you're on probation for 13 months, and if you do it again you're suspended, and this rule is STRICTLY enforced, there is virtually no excuse if you ding another competitors car. That doesn't really jibe with the more lax rules in the SCCA, however, I'm pretty sure a new fender for my Miata is a fair bit less expenive than one for a 911, so I understand where their coming from (and I wonder what parts for a 962 cost?)
Those guys tend to have a more "you touch my car I'll kill you" attitude than we do.

Eric
NER SM #02

JeffYoung
11-17-2003, 09:13 PM
BMW CCA and PCA racing is good racing, and I'm not sure the 13/13 rule isn't a bad idea. I've not seen much rough driving in my first year of IT racing, but at the same time, I've got a lot of time and money in the car and I'd like there to be some incentive before someone took a chance that resulted it getting dinged (other than, who managed to ding it on my own in the wet). The problem with PCA and BMW CCA racing is too many classes. You'll see a 30 car field with 14 classes. Crazy.

In any event, I'd love to have older 911s and more BMWs in IT. The cars are out, running in the CCA races, it would be nice to have the variety in IT.