PDA

View Full Version : Is it worth racing a Probe/MX6? (are they at all competative

mx6rich
10-25-2003, 12:16 AM
I asked a similar question in the Mazda section but I wanted to see if I could get a little more feedback. Please excuse my "newbie" post.
I buy slightly wrecked MX6's, fix them, and sell them so I have a couple of parts cars and know my way around them pretty well. I just started racing my 97 MX6 LS in Solo 2 and have been doing pretty good. I'm now thinking of preparing a MX6(93-97) V6 LS for club racing for next year. I'm pretty sure its classed for ITS. Would this car be competative or would it run 30th out of 30 99% of the time with comparable drivers? Its front wheel drive, 164 hp, and weighs about 2900 lb in factory trim. I don't expect to be leading the pack but do you think its worth the time and money to prepare a MX6?

------------------
97 Mazda MX6 LS

Knestis
10-25-2003, 10:45 AM
With bushel baskets full of money for development, it might reach the point where it doesn't suck too badly...

Seriously - it is probably not going to be a competitive option on most tracks. Sorry.

Kirk

bbp
10-25-2003, 08:48 PM
Back in the day we tried one of the 1.9 (i think) V6's in showroom stock. Popped several motors and gave up on it.

I agree with Kirk, there are easier avenues to pursue to be mid pack.