PDA

View Full Version : how bout something new....

airpiraterob
09-04-2003, 09:06 PM
hmm..anyone tried to class the first boxter in S yet? (anyone tried to mortgage the house and class a boxter in S i should ask)
what about some 911's? would seem anything with a base power level around but not much over 180-190 could be the BMW equalizer.

eh, its a bone to throw out there...have fun picking http://Forums.ImprovedTouring.com/it/smile.gif

[This message has been edited by airpiraterob (edited September 04, 2003).]

JeffYoung
09-06-2003, 11:31 AM
Mid-engined, 200 hp stock?? Whew, let's hope not. I think SCCA has a couple of times declined to class the last gen 300zx, so my hope is they understand the 325i was enough of a technology jump and ITS can't stand anymore.

Early 911s have been classed. I'm not a 911 guru; I can't tell you for certain which ones. This happened early this year. I suspect we may see some on track next.

Airpirate, you are king of the oddballs. Here's one for you: 1974-75 Jensen Healey. Light weight for class, and good hp/torque numbers stock. The Lotus 907 is a good race motor, with I be 160-180 hp easily obtainable in IT spec.

airpiraterob
09-06-2003, 12:58 PM
heh, got nothing better to do but think of what the unknown advantage might be...(ahem: unfair adv.)and then when i get a chance (raise), bust out my s---. jensen healy would be cool...and fun. I was even thinking about the 1.8 subie impreza believe it or not. the only one FWD that you could get with a manual. 110 hp and 110# tq. might be a suprise in IT(b?). Speaking of lotus, anyone thought about the NA esprit's? bulletproof motors! whats the maximum height (w/ inseam) that would fit in one? i hear its smaller inside than the europa....my knee wedged between the wheel and the door when i tried to wear one at 15! im fatter now.

[This message has been edited by airpiraterob (edited September 07, 2003).]

Prince Makaha
09-06-2003, 01:22 PM
PEUGEOT 405 MI-16?

airpiraterob
09-07-2003, 10:18 AM
ohhh...a real touring car http://Forums.ImprovedTouring.com/it/smile.gif
cant find hardly any information on the net much less parts for the car it seems.

but to backstep a bit and bypass the Porsche thoughts...has anyone tried to class the 93-96 FWD (not awd) impreza in IT? (up to 96 the AWD was an option. and in 96 only you could get a 2.2 (140hp!) with a 5-sp manual and FWD. i can't find anything anywhere on if it has or not, or if anyone has tried. im gonna go ahead and guess the 1.8 in B and 2.2 in A. these things can sound wicked

[This message has been edited by airpiraterob (edited September 08, 2003).]

Prince Makaha
09-09-2003, 08:44 PM
Subaru's are notorious for having the engine hanging way out front which makes them suspect handlers. Maybe that's changed though.

Knestis
09-09-2003, 09:43 PM
Are there still any of those 405s still running in the US? I used to LOVE them. I'd ask about the Altima in the same breath, or the Infiniti G20.

I poked around to learn if the 2wd, 2.2 Impreza actually existed or not, when we were putting together the list of eligible cars for the IT2 concept - and determined that it didn't. I am wrong? Could someone point me to the specs so I can put it on the list?

K

airpiraterob
09-10-2003, 09:03 AM
i was looking for the same thing and it does exist! (yay)...
-1995 they introduced it for the first time but only with an automatic.
-1996 (the last year of the FWD for subies) it had a 5 speed....the only year. how many were made like that I don't know.
-but for the 1.8 engine...from 93 to 96 you could get it with a 5 speed.

the weight balance is around 60/40 front to rear, and the factory weights are 2400 lbs to start with. (also MacPherson type suspension), could probably tinker with it the same as the VW's do. i dunno the balance of the Hondas but their engine hangs in front of the halfshafts "out there" as well. so mabye i was optimistic...the 1.8 subie in ITC perhaps...still hoping for B tho. can get mabye 140 hp out of it in trim. (and perhaps a good weight break for it?)

infinity G20?..heh heh. niice Nissan Primera BTCC look-alike car there. i think its a dressed up Sentra SE-R. it has that 140 horse SR20 bulletproof engine. ITA for that one? now if i can only get that Vodafone sponsorship for it.

Prince Makaha
10-19-2003, 08:21 AM
Is the geo storm GSI or the isuzu stylus with the twincam 1.8 listed in IT?

Can't find them anywhere other than some older showroom stock classifications.

Geo
10-19-2003, 08:36 AM
Originally posted by airpiraterob:
infinity G20?..heh heh. niice Nissan Primera BTCC look-alike car there. i think its a dressed up Sentra SE-R. it has that 140 horse SR20 bulletproof engine. ITA for that one?

I have considerable experience with both cars. The G20 is anything but a dressed up SE-R. They share the same engine and the rear suspension is similar, but that's about it. The front suspension on the G20 is wonderful. It's a much better handling car than the SE-R (I've owned both). If the G20 was classed at a decent weight it would be very competitive. The problem is it's a heavy car.

Now, if MT2 comes to pass, I think the G20 would be a great car for that class. I'd probably build one.

------------------
George Roffe
Houston, TX
84 944 ITS car under construction
92 ITS Sentra SE-R occasionally borrowed
http://www.nissport.com