PDA

View Full Version : Anyone run a Celica?

CaptainWho
05-01-2003, 10:14 AM
Hi there,

My brother and I have an '89 Celica GT-S that was a Toyota Celebrity Challenge car and has run SCCA ITA and NASA PS2 since. Does anyone out there run a similar car?

NutDriver's Celica (http://forums.improvedtouring.com/it/Forum2/HTML/000482.html)

Thanks,
"Lefty"

Jiveslug
05-01-2003, 07:59 PM
Ive seen one running around here in So Pac, but thats the only one I know of. Im not sure whos it is either. I like those cars. I learned to drive stick on one. hehe

Jive.

ITANorm
05-06-2003, 12:49 PM
There was one running in MiDiv several years ago and at the time it was fairly competitive. Nowadays, though, it won't keep up with the Hondas and 240SX's. If you're happy with a mid-pack car, it should be a good reliable runner. The biggest problem is it's just too heavy for the power - and the brakes are a little weak for the weight.

CaptainWho
05-06-2003, 11:44 PM
Well, we're not worried about being competitive ... we've got a lot of driver upgrading to do before that happens. We'll happily trail around at the back of the pack at speeds far higher than the state patrol is happy with.

ITAIntegraLS
05-09-2003, 05:50 PM
My friend Just bought The Celica that is running in SO-CAL . We gonna do some changes to the car and it should defenetly be a competetive car but the weight slows it down too much. It should be running with SCCA in October after he gets his license. GOOD LUCK

Ita Integra LS #78

Originally posted by CaptainWho:
Hi there,

My brother and I have an '89 Celica GT-S that was a Toyota Celebrity Challenge car and has run SCCA ITA and NASA PS2 since. Does anyone out there run a similar car?

NutDriver's Celica (http://forums.improvedtouring.com/it/Forum2/HTML/000482.html)

Thanks,
"Lefty"

Joe Craven
05-09-2003, 06:07 PM
We have a guy running a 1975 Celica in ITB in Northern California. Different car but related by manufacturer.

#37 ITB Capri

CaptainWho
05-13-2003, 12:24 AM
<font face=\"Verdana, Arial\" size=\"2\">My friend Just bought The Celica that is running in SO-CAL . We gonna do some changes to the car and it should defenetly be a competetive car but the weight slows it down too much. It should be running with SCCA in October after he gets his license. GOOD LUCK</font>

Well, we'll be running in SEDIV, so we probably won't see you on track. :-( For us, the driver's weight will make more difference than anything else, at least for a while.