PDA

View Full Version : Body Style Rules

Jiveslug
07-21-2005, 05:34 PM
Hey gang. Quick question here. If a car in the ITCS is specified and came in several different body styles, which ones can you use? For example, I noticed that certain entries, like the E36 Bimmers, states the 2 and 4 door models specifically. If a car has a 2 door coupe, a 2 door sedan, and a 2 door hatchback/liftback available and no body type is specified in the rules, can any be used?

Jive

dickita15
07-21-2005, 06:55 PM
I believe the answer is yes.
dick

JeffYoung
07-21-2005, 10:51 PM
Except for convertibles. The car either has to come solely as a convertible, or the convertible has to be specifically listed as allowed.

Bill Miller
07-22-2005, 07:12 AM
Be careful with this. If there's no specific mention of the various body styles / models on the spec line, they have to mechanically the same, if you want to be able to run any of the styles, other than what would be considered the 'base' model. So, as long as there are no differences in engine size or type (FI or carb, SOCH or DOHC, etc), transmission (number of gears, and ratios), brakes, etc., you should be good to go w/ any of the different styles.

------------------
MARRS #25 ITB Rabbit GTI (sold) | MARRS #25 HProd Rabbit
SCCA 279608

Jiveslug
07-22-2005, 11:12 AM
Ah, good call Bill. Actually, all of these models are mechanically the same, so thats not going to be an issue. In addition, there was not convertable model, so that should not be a problem either. The only one that I think would not work is the 4-door wagon.... Would be funny tho. Heh.

ITANorm
07-22-2005, 06:49 PM
Wagons are expressly forbidden in the GCR.