PDA

View Full Version : Trunk / Gas door release Cracked windshield

mckeaaan
04-18-2005, 08:16 AM
Can the trunk and gas door release cables be taken out from the driver's seat back?

Also, my windshiled has a chip which has turned into an inch long crack... will this pass tech?

Oh, on 10" wide tires... are 255 or 245 the widest possible? Because 25.4 mm = 1 inch... it appears 255s would be 10mm oversized... but in practicality, the thread may pass... or stated another way, what tire size should I order from Tirerack to maximize my thread width and rule boundaries?

Does anyone have a good site for (custom) braided steel hoses... or even better, is there a place in the Detroit area?

Thanks for the help from a noob... hoping to be ready in '06.
Matt

tderonne
04-18-2005, 08:32 AM
Auto Cycle Marine is the place in Detroit for custom hoses. They are on a street called Industrial. It runs East from Coolidge, between 14 and 15 mile, opposite Home Depot. hosenow.com, their website, has more info.

When you're there, be sure to talk to Darin, he's a racer.

On the car questions, what are you building, trunk latches and hence releases can be removed in IT, but I only assume you have an IT car, if you did, you wouldn't care about tire size, the rules only regulate rim width?

[This message has been edited by tderonne (edited April 18, 2005).]

mckeaaan
04-18-2005, 08:58 AM
Tderonne, thanks, I will check that out.

On the rim width... I guess I thought I was reading that as tire width!?!

Yes, the car is an ITS Supra. So it looks like those cables can be pulled, great.

Thanks again,
Matt

GT240sx
04-18-2005, 10:00 AM
mckeaaan, what year is your supra? I am currently building an 85 for ITS. Send me an email if you want to compare notes. russellewhite <at> netscape.net

------------------
Russell White
Indianapolis, IN
'85 Toyota Supra
ready for ITS in 8 months....maybe