PDA

View Full Version : Accord to ITB

Gold Finger
11-21-2004, 02:05 PM
I see that the 86'-88' Accord lxi's are being moved to ITB......maybe i wont be totally crucified next year.......What are the hot cars in ITB? Thanks

Knestis
11-21-2004, 03:56 PM
VW Golfs of all sorts, Volvo 142 and - depending where you go - a variety of other stuff like the odd Chrysler K car, Audi, or Mustang.

K

lateapex911
11-21-2004, 04:35 PM
I think the Audis are the most underappreciated...

------------------
Jake Gulick
CarriageHouse Motorsports
ITA 57 RX-7
New England Region
[email protected]

Gold Finger
11-21-2004, 07:27 PM
The rule book says the Accord can run either 13" or 14" wheels, i thought i read where anyone can use a 15" wheel now,true or not? Thanks

Bill Miller
11-21-2004, 08:54 PM
The 15" rule allowance is for next year, and will be in the '05 GCR. Keep in mind that if you were running in ITA, and had 7" wheels, you'll need 6" ones for ITB.

------------------
MARRS #25 ITB Rabbit GTI (sold) | MARRS #25 HProd Rabbit
SCCA 279608

zracre
11-22-2004, 01:05 AM
You should not rule out the new 924 porsche or the early crx si....

Gold Finger
11-22-2004, 07:39 PM
Yes sir, i meant 15" for next year.

golfracer
11-25-2004, 09:45 PM
About this wheel rule.......If a car is only allowed to run 13in wheels are they now allowed to run 14in wheels? or only just jump to 15in wheels?

Knestis
11-25-2004, 10:27 PM
The folks who drafted the rule have gone on public record (here, actually) as saying that they intended for people to be able to do what you describe, but the wording of the rule seems to say that you can only step up to a 15. I believe that they are going to fix that.

K

Banzai240
11-26-2004, 03:32 AM
Originally posted by Knestis:
The folks who drafted the rule have gone on public record (here, actually) as saying that they intended for people to be able to do what you describe, but the wording of the rule seems to say that you can only step up to a 15. I believe that they are going to fix that.

K

Better go read your January 05 Fastrack... It's been "fixed"...

------------------
Darin E. Jordan
SCCA #273080, OR/NW Regions
Renton, WA
ITS '97 240SX
http://home.comcast.net/~djjordan/Web/DJ_AV1.jpg

RSTPerformance
11-27-2004, 04:09 AM
Originally posted by lateapex911:
I think the Audis are the most underappreciated...

Hey thanks Jake http://Forum.ImprovedTouring.com/it/smile.gif just remember to paint them blue and silver not red and silver.

Stephen

RSTPerformance
11-28-2004, 01:43 PM
I think that the Accord and CRX will be very quick. The VW A3 golf should have more development as well and be quick. There is always the darn Volvo’s that have always dominated most regions. The Audi in the right hands I think (still amazed at our cars) can also be a key factor. But lets not also rule out the Omni 2.2L (if anyone ever builds another one) and the BMW 2002. Another oddball is the Opal GT. The Opal GT is more likely a good car on short tight tracks such as the ones in the northeast. I also think that the Alfa Spider has a fighting chance if in good hands... Wow the more I think the greater the list grows. Those were all cars I think can win on any given day with the correct prep and the right drivers. If we were to go into a list of top 3 or 5 finishing cars (within a second of the lead pack) I think we could add several cars such as the A1 and A2 VW's as well as the Saab 900.

So anyway the moral of the story good job ITAC, I think ITB was the best class before (+/- 10- cars with potential to win), and I think it only got a little better (for most), and Yes the Accord was once an ITB car and yes, it did prove itself then, so I am sure it will still be competitive.

Raymond "I vote for the Audi domination" Blethen

PS: I agree with Stephen, red and silver seems to always be bad luck...

Bill Miller
11-28-2004, 02:07 PM
Raymond,

Who in the NE is still running an A1, and is w/in a second of the front of the pack? I know Dave went to an A3, and I don't know if Joel built a new car or not. Guy Frank is running Dale Disque's old car in the MARRS series, but I think he's had a hard time breaking into the top 5 w/ it. The A1's give up 25 hp (stock) to the A3's, for only a 170# weight advantage.

Unless it gets its weight corrected, or nobody else shows up, I don't think you'll see an A1 VW near the podium in ITB.

------------------
MARRS #25 ITB Rabbit GTI (sold) | MARRS #25 HProd Rabbit
SCCA 279608

gran racing
11-28-2004, 02:30 PM
Don't completely rule out the Prelude either. http://Forum.ImprovedTouring.com/it/wink.gif

I am sooo looking forward to next year!

------------------
Dave Gran
NER ITB #13
'87 Honda Prelude si

zooracer
11-29-2004, 01:41 PM
The suzuki swift GTI is another fast car. I know of one in florida getting top three placing everytime; actually I think he won the championship there this year...
I just got out of school with mine, and dont have an LSD or any development time into it yet, but power and brakes are as good as anything else in ITB. Brakes are over 9 inches front and rear with a 1795# race weight, and 100hp stock.
I know it doesnt mean anything, but at the school I beat every ITB or ITA car, along with all but one spec miata. Power seemed equal to spec miatas.

RSTPerformance
11-29-2004, 03:06 PM
Your both right... I think the prelude will have a chance next year and yes the Suzuki proved to be fast a few years back in the Northeast (Might be the same car, I think it had moved somplace down south).

Raymond "Thats a deffinite 10+ different makes of cars, oh and did I mention still afordable?" Blethen

Banzai240
11-29-2004, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by RSTPerformance:
"Thats a deffinite 10+ different makes of cars, oh and did I mention still afordable?" Blethen

Hey, that would be an interesting article for SportsCar magazine...

"10 makes/models that still offer affordable competitiveness in IT"...

Someone should write the editor with the suggestion! http://Forum.ImprovedTouring.com/it/wink.gif

------------------
Darin E. Jordan
SCCA #273080, OR/NW Regions
Renton, WA
ITS '97 240SX
http://home.comcast.net/~djjordan/Web/DJ_AV1.jpg

Knestis
11-29-2004, 08:24 PM
SportsCar won't even print regional results so I wonder how much the editors would care about another IT article.

GRM would do it, I'll betcha...

K