PDA

View Full Version : 87 CRX HF

09-25-2004, 12:21 PM
I have recently been debating with some folks about the legality of the 87 CRX HF being placed in the ITC? They insist the HF is not legal in the class because it doesn't specifically list the HF in the rulebook, it says "Honda CRX 1.5," but as far as I can tell there was no "1.5" model. Can someone please help me clarify so I know if my car is an ITC candidate. Thank you.

Bryan

R2 Racing
09-27-2004, 12:10 AM
Sorry it took a day and a half for someone to answer your relatively simple question. Next time, try asking something people can bicker about more...

Anyway, your '87 CRX HF is not an ITC car. The '84-'87 CRX S is classified in ITC with its carbuerated, 76hp, 1.5L engine. Same with the '84-'87 Civic S. The CRX HF of those years was a 1.3L, had about 50hp, and was too slow even for ITC.

------------------
Kevin
Ruck Racing
'92 ITA Acura Integra RS
'92 ITC Honda Civic CX
'85 ITC Honda Civic S
'95 ITS Honda Prelude Si

RSTPerformance
09-27-2004, 12:23 AM
Bryan-

Not sure how different yours is??? but put in a request for it to be added, I don't think they will turn away any good fitting ITC cars...

Raymond "more ITC cars?" Blethen

09-27-2004, 04:11 PM
Thanks R2 Racing, but the car has a 1.5 liter engine, it is the same block used in all of the 1.5 liter civics/CRXs, even the EFI Si engine. Does this make a difference as to the legality, like I said, the rules only specify "1.5." Thank you for the help!

Bryan

R2 Racing
09-27-2004, 05:35 PM
Is it a CVCC head? I think it says "CVCC head" in the notes line. I'm not sure - I don't have my rulebook right here.

Ron Earp
09-27-2004, 07:29 PM
Don't know about the size, but my roomate had one of those things and it was really slow. Abymissal. HF was for High Efficency wasn't it? It did sip gas, but produced little power.

R

------------------
Ron
http://www.gt40s.com
Lotus Turbo Esprit
BMW E36 M3
RF GT40 Replica
Jensen-Healey: IT prep progressing!

09-27-2004, 08:26 PM
R2, the car does have the CVCC head which is another comment in the rules. I think it is a very vague listing. Thank you again.

Bryan

Tkczecheredflag
10-18-2004, 11:05 PM
Originally posted by Focus'd:
R2, the car does have the CVCC head which is another comment in the rules. I think it is a very vague listing. Thank you again.

Bryan

Bryan - There are many things different about the car. The piston on has one compression ring and one oil ring and a shallow doom for greater compression (less friction). Grassroots Motorsports offered them as a
high compression piston. Frankly I didn't realize the block, I thought the stroke was different as well as crank and other internal. In addition there are many chasis parts that are different. Aluminum brake drums, smaller front hubs, lighter rear axle, lighter flywheel. These are all the cheater parts that guys try to graft to the CRX S. Most 1st Gen Honda guys can spot them if examined.
Tim Klvana
ITC #11