PDA

View Full Version : SSR integral wheels in ITA

Doc Bro
09-09-2004, 08:39 AM
Hi just wanted to get some basic info as I am new to racing and don't want to screw up too badly. I purchased a BMW Z3 that was originally built by TC Kline for SSB competition. I am converting to ITA because of age 96. My question is in the GCR under Z3 for SSB class the SSR Integral wheel is considered a stock piece at 16x8.5". However in IT the maximum is 7" wide. Why would a "stock" item as defined by the GCR for a "stock" class not be allowed to run in another class?

Geo
09-09-2004, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by Doc Bro:
Hi just wanted to get some basic info as I am new to racing and don't want to screw up too badly. I purchased a BMW Z3 that was originally built by TC Kline for SSB competition. I am converting to ITA because of age 96. My question is in the GCR under Z3 for SSB class the SSR Integral wheel is considered a stock piece at 16x8.5". However in IT the maximum is 7" wide. Why would a "stock" item as defined by the GCR for a "stock" class not be allowed to run in another class?

Because the widest wheel allowed in ITA is 7". Wheels are available that fit within the IT rules. It doesn't matter what the SS rules are. My 944 came from the factory with 8" wide Fuchs wheels in the rear and I cannot run them either.

------------------
George Roffe
Houston, TX
84 944 ITS car under construction
92 ITS Sentra SE-R occasionally borrowed
http://www.nissport.com

nlevine
09-09-2004, 11:09 AM
Doc - Been there, tried that, got rejected by Topeka (check the September FasTrack and a previous thread in this forum that I started).

I think you may be second guy building a Z3 for ITA (I raced mine for the first time 2 weeks ago).

Send me an email at noam.levine "at" comcast.net if you want to compare notes on ITA build-up. Where are you located?

-noam
#18 ITA BMW Z3
NER SCCA

[This message has been edited by nlevine (edited September 09, 2004).]

Banzai240
09-09-2004, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by nlevine:
Doc - Been there, tried that, got rejected by Topeka (check the September FasTrack and a previous thread in this forum that I started).

Sorry about that guys... but if we allow you to run 8.5" wheels, the rest of ITA is going to expect the same...

As for you guys racing these cars... Though I know it's naive to ask, and though I doubt that any positive feedback would be received, I'll ask anyhow...

Since this is a new classification, any feedback you guys have concerning the performance of these cars within the ITA class would greatly help in our evaluation of this classification and in classifying similiar cars in the future...

My initial thoughts on this car was that it is weighted rather conservatively, but without any real feedback, it's hard to say for sure...

You can e-mail me privately, and I can assure you that the information will be kept private, for ITAC use only...

Anyhow, if you feel like helping the process... my e-mail address is Banzai240 "at" Yahoo "dot" com

Hope to hear from you...

Otherwise, hope you are having FUN!!

Take care,

------------------
Darin E. Jordan
SCCA #273080, OR/NW Regions
Renton, WA
ITS '97 240SX
http://home.comcast.net/~djjordan/Web/DJ_AV1.jpg

[This message has been edited by Banzai240 (edited September 09, 2004).]