PDA

View Full Version : Rear Quarter Glass ???

cherokee
08-22-2004, 06:28 PM
I just put in the rear quarter glass in my car, and the thaught hit me, This does not look very safe to me. Having this glass so close to my head does not seem like a good idea. I looked through the book and could not find anything saying that I could remove it and fix a panel, or replace the glass with lexan. What do you guys do with cars that have this quarter glass so close to your head? Cover it with tape?

This seems to me like just as big safety risk then a sun roof or the glass in the back of a Fiero/MR2/DelSol.

m glassburner
08-22-2004, 06:35 PM
It does seem dangerous....Far as I know you have to leave the glass in....I would at least maybe put decals there??? Might help just in case of breakage. http://Forum.ImprovedTouring.com/it/smile.gif mike g.

dickita15
08-22-2004, 06:49 PM
it think the danger is a little overstated. with modern safety glass we are talking scratches not cuts. but if it is on your mind run with your visor down. eyes are the one place it could do some damage.
dick

lateapex911
08-22-2004, 07:26 PM
Yeah...not really an issue. Putt clear tape over it if its a concern...

------------------
Jake Gulick
CarriageHouse Motorsports
ITA 57 RX-7
New England Region
[email protected]

lateapex911
08-22-2004, 07:28 PM
sorry double post..again! grrr...

[This message has been edited by lateapex911 (edited August 23, 2004).]

7racing
08-24-2004, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by lateapex911:
Yeah...not really an issue. Putt clear tape over it if its a concern...

Would window tint be allowed? Not sure if you can tint the rear quarter windows. I'm pretty sure you can't tint the windshield/back window, though.

Jeremy