PDA

View Full Version : ITCS listing of wheel diameter

mapper
06-25-2004, 08:35 AM
Some cars list multiple wheel diameters such as 14/15 and I'm not sure what this means. I can see a trim level distinction but on some cars the trim/package level that would make a difference in wheel size contains items that are removed/changed in an IT car. I'm not racing IT yet but will be in the future and am trying to understand the GCR but sometimes it's just not easy!

Steve

Geo
06-25-2004, 08:46 AM
Originally posted by mapper:
Some cars list multiple wheel diameters such as 14/15 and I'm not sure what this means. I can see a trim level distinction but on some cars the trim/package level that would make a difference in wheel size contains items that are removed/changed in an IT car. I'm not racing IT yet but will be in the future and am trying to understand the GCR but sometimes it's just not easy!

Steve

Well, we can take my car for an example. The 944 was offered from the factory with both 15" and 16" wheels so you see both allowed in the ITCS.

------------------
George Roffe
Houston, TX
84 944 ITS car under construction
92 ITS Sentra SE-R occasionally borrowed
http://www.nissport.com

Mike Spencer
06-25-2004, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by mapper:
...I'm not racing IT yet but will be in the future and am trying to understand the GCR but sometimes it's just not easy!

Steve

Steve, here's lesson 1; When you are trying to understand the GCR, OFTEN it's just not easy. http://Forum.ImprovedTouring.com/it/biggrin.gif

And Kudos to you for having a GCR and trying to understand it. Without getting up on a soapbox or anything, let me just say that it puts you way ahead of a lot of people.

Hope to see you at the track!

------------------
Mike Spencer
NC Region
ITA/7 RX-7 (almost)
ITS RX-7 (just started)
1990 RX-7 Convertible (street car)

Bill Miller
06-28-2004, 06:30 PM
Steve,

It's like George says. In some case (944), the cars came w/ different sized wheels. In others cases (e.g. ITB VW Golf), multiple trime levels (GL, GTI, etc.) have been lumped together. The GL came w/ 13" wheels, while the GTI came w/ 14" wheels (and the late GL's maybe have come w/ 14's). So, since they're all on one spec line, you can use either size wheel.

------------------
MARRS #25 ITB Rabbit GTI (sold) | MARRS #25 HProd Rabbit
SCCA 279608