PDA

View Full Version : PCAs will be approved - no question

Knestis
05-20-2004, 01:27 PM
The symbolic interactionist in me can't believe that the SCCA mouthpiece SportsCar would have published this month's article on PCAs, were they not a slam dunk at this point.

I hope that some serious thought has gone into considering possible unanticipated outcomes of this decision...

K

Banzai240
05-20-2004, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by Knestis:
The symbolic interactionist in me can't believe that the SCCA mouthpiece SportsCar would have published this month's article on PCAs, were they not a slam dunk at this point.

Kirk... you are overreacting...

The SportsCar article was suggested by the ITAC/CRB as an effort to better inform the members of what PCAs are. Additionally, it was hoped that it would help the BoD have a better understanding of what PCAs are, since they have likely not all been privy to all the talk/discussion that has occurred over the past year.

The article was written by a SC editor, and he treated it as he would any other story... definately from a "Journalist" point of view. Reading the advanced copy... I was a little disappointed in the manner in which the subject was treated... almost like an "investigative reporting" type article..., but overall, I thought it helped to clarify a bit of what the intent is.

At least now the whole of the SCCA membership will have a chance to see what is happening and respond. NOTHING is a slam dunk, because, as I've said here numerous times, the BoD has to approve almost EVERYTHING that we've recommended over the past year... That vote occurs in August, with a follow-up session in December.

You have to admit... NEVER before has a decision so big been put forth to the membership in such a complete way as this issue has. Anyone who isn't aware of what is going on is simply NOT interested and NOT paying attention...

------------------
Darin E. Jordan
SCCA #273080, OR/NW Regions
Renton, WA
ITS '97 240SX
http://home.comcast.net/~djjordan/Web/DJ_AV1.jpg

924Guy
05-21-2004, 11:29 AM
Did I miss something? Latest issue of SportsCar?

------------------
Vaughan Scott
Detroit Region #280052
'79 924 #77 ITA/GTS1
www.vaughanscott.com

Banzai240
05-21-2004, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by 924Guy:
Did I miss something? Latest issue of SportsCar?

Don't fret... I haven't received mine either... Stay tuned... there is an article outlining PCAs, amongst other things...

------------------
Darin E. Jordan
SCCA #273080, OR/NW Regions
Renton, WA
ITS '97 240SX
http://home.comcast.net/~djjordan/Web/DJ_AV1.jpg

racerdave600
05-21-2004, 03:03 PM
I guess I was a bit disappointed in the article. From the tone, it suggests that they are more concerned with cars that are newly classed, and do not really care about the ones already there. I suppose their big concern is to not classify an overdog, but the same situation still exists in my opinion.

As my recently completed ITA car sits there, I'm thinking more and more about going back to shifter carts.

Dave