PDA

View Full Version : interior trim removal

MMiskoe
04-25-2004, 03:24 PM
GCR says "any" steering wheel, excuding wood. Does that mean I can remove the trim around the back side of the OEM wheel (not from the steering column)? Its to keep the cord for the radio push button from getting caught. The gap is just big enough that the cord can fall in and get stuck, then over stretched.

I kind of feel stupid for asking, but better safe than sorry and there are other ways of solving this problem.

Greg Amy
04-25-2004, 04:21 PM
In my opinion anything outboard of the bolted-on steering wheel is fair game. In other words, if it comes off with the steering wheel when you unbolt it from the steering shaft, it can be replaced or modified.

lateapex911
04-25-2004, 04:23 PM
Ditto.

------------------
Jake Gulick
CarriageHouse Motorsports
ITA 57 RX-7
New England Region
[email protected]

Greg Amy
04-26-2004, 11:02 PM
<font face=\"Verdana, Arial\" size=\"2\">Ditto.</font>

WHAT??? No arguments, no disagreements, no theoretical ramblings from anyone???

I feel cheated...can't SOMEONE call me a dirty name or something?

(Then I go and blow the chance to make it the board's shortest usable rules thread by posting a follow-up...!!!)

lateapex911
04-27-2004, 03:44 AM
Originally posted by grega:
WHAT??? No arguments, no disagreements, no theoretical ramblings from anyone???

I feel cheated...can't SOMEONE call me a dirty name or something?

(Then I go and blow the chance to make it the board's shortest usable rules thread by posting a follow-up...!!!)

Listen you marooon! How simple can it get?? Of course it's legal! Sheesh! Even a guy who can't read knows it! Get with the program Amy! I thought you had a clue....!

Feel better now??

------------------
Jake Gulick
CarriageHouse Motorsports
ITA 57 RX-7
New England Region
[email protected]

Greg Amy
04-27-2004, 09:31 AM
Whew! Thanks, Jake! I feel MUCH better.

I was beginning to wonder if I had accidentally stumbled into an alternate reality...