PDA

View Full Version : ITE Rules

Racer5625
03-27-2004, 09:44 PM
I know that ITE is a "region only" class, but that means the ITE rules are not in the GCR. Does anyone know the modification rules for the SCCA Mid-West Division? Thanks for any assistance.

Knestis
03-27-2004, 11:34 PM
ITE rules vary by region so you'll need to get in touch with your local folks to get accurate information. They may differ even within a division.

K

OTLimit
03-27-2004, 11:39 PM
Right out of the Mid-Am rules:

"Concept: To permit cars prepared for the SCCA World Challenge, Motorola Cup, Grand-Am Cup, and other showroom stock-based series, or cars not eligible for any current SCCA Improved Touring class, to compete at Midwest Division events in their own class.

A. Cars eligible for the ITE class are cars which have been prepared for any past or current showroom stock-based professional racing series or the current Improved Touring rules.

B. Cars must meet minimum safety requirements as defined in the GCR and ITCS for Improved Touring cars. This includes all items in GCR Section 17 which are applicable to IT cars, ITCS Section 9.a, and all items in ITCS Section 10.

C. Cars must run tires and fuel as defined in the ITCS.

D. The driver of the car must, upon demand, be able to produce the appropriate series rules containing the specifications under which the car fits. A car may be prepared to one set of rules only; no mixing of different series rules, or different years of the same series, is allowed."

In the case of the Midwest Division, the rules are for the division, not on a per region basis.

------------------
Lesley Albin
Over The Limit Racing
Blazen Golden Retrievers

[This message has been edited by OTLimit (edited March 27, 2004).]

racercosmo
04-08-2004, 09:51 PM
We have a pretty loose rule set for ITE out here in the San Fran Region:
1.Any production tub chassis running with DOT tires.

But I do have a question, would you interpret that rule to mean that Corvettes and other framed cars are illegal? "Production tub Chassis" to me means unibody.

[This message has been edited by racercosmo (edited April 08, 2004).]