PDA

View Full Version : WDCR Medical Carrier

Bill Umstead
01-28-2004, 10:28 PM
For those of you who race Summit Point with WDCR, see the announcement on the NESCCA website regarding the new requirement for the Medical Carrier on your helmet.

For a discussion of the topic, refer to the Prodcar website, www.coloradoscca.org/prodcar (http://www.coloradoscca.org/prodcar)

Bill Umstead

JohnRW
01-29-2004, 12:00 AM
Just don't expect rational thought and discussion on the Production web site. My personal belief is that someone has been spreading LSD among the backmarkers in the Production fields, and they come to the Prod boards to detox.

It does not represent the actual 'movers & shakers' in Prod racing, so take anything you read there with a grain of salt and 3 fingers of good scotch.

It is always entertaining reading over there...

Geo
01-29-2004, 12:11 AM
Originally posted by JohnRW:
Just don't expect rational thought and discussion on the Production web site. My personal belief is that someone has been spreading LSD among the backmarkers in the Production fields, and they come to the Prod boards to detox.

It does not represent the actual 'movers & shakers' in Prod racing, so take anything you read there with a grain of salt and 3 fingers of good scotch.

It is always entertaining reading over there...

Hey John, I'm going to be in Rochester next month. I'd love to meet and buy you a beer. http://Forums.ImprovedTouring.com/it/smile.gif

------------------
George Roffe
Houston, TX
84 944 ITS car under construction
92 ITS Sentra SE-R occasionally borrowed
http://www.nissport.com

ddewhurst
01-29-2004, 08:47 AM
JohnRW, I read the IT & the Prod site while always being very PROUD that NO ONE from the IT site had previously lowered themselves to hanging crap on the Production folks.

Even tho we dish out crap to each other negative comments about Production folks are not called for IMHJ. Likewise from them about us. WE are all racers & members of the SCCA.

Thank You
David Dewhurst
[email protected]

bill f
01-29-2004, 12:01 PM
First: I think more Insurance Carriers of Racing insurance will adopt something like that mentioned on the site.

Secondly: I'm in the Medical Field, and have offered some thoughts and possibly a solution on that site should anyone wish to access it. I'm not literate enough to offer the address here, so you'll have to look at the writer above.

Good racing.

Bill

JohnRW
01-29-2004, 01:50 PM
David - save your scold for somebody else. It's unfortunate that you feel that way, but then...you are part of the problem. The discussion on the Prod board about how HIPAA is impacting us could have been informative, but quickly took a downturn. Some messages in the thread now impugn the ethics and motives of WDC Region leadership who are, apparently, looking for a way to avoid litigation risks involving medical data. You've posted right in there too. If you don't understand the issue, fine. If you want to pile on for the fun of it, expect consequences.

Have you read the March 04 Fastrack ? Check out pages F41 and F42 - Who do YOU think this refers to ? Gee...lemme think about this....The PROD BOARDS.

If you don't want people looking over your shoulders and commenting...not just on the veracity and detail...but on the quality and maturity of your writings, MOVE IT TO AN EMAIL LIST. To some, web boards are theatre. They feel the need to 'perform' in public. That pretty well sums up the Prod boards for the past few years. Well...here's a message...with that performance comes 'consequence'. You're not going to get a 'free pass' to say whatever you want and then just walk away. It's not censorship...you can SAY whatever you want...but it's immature to think that you can SAY whatever you want and not be held accountable for it. No free kicks.

If you don't want to be questioned, challenged or criticized, it's simple: Don't join in the posting. To come here and infer that I've somehow 'lowered' myself by criticizing the debate on another site is just fatuous...and it's also gross hypocrisy. Please direct me to the 'global web board code of conduct' that explains that, if you can.

Now, hike up your skirt and walk off in a huff. I'll hold the door for you.

John Walsh
[email protected]

Tom Donnelly
01-29-2004, 04:03 PM
I just browsed over to the prodcar website.
I think IT is slipping.

They're lots funnier than us.

I'm going over there to start a "how many angels fit on a remote resevoir threaded-body triple adjustable shock" argument.

Can LSD improve your laptimes by expanding your consciousness?

LSD and old British cars - the sixties just won't go away.

Tom

Drew Aldred
01-29-2004, 05:02 PM
WOW JohnRW,

I thought we had all the loose cannon jerks locked up over on the Prod site, how did you escape and get over to the well-behaved IT site ??

------------------
#42 GP Spitfire
Member 289368

ddewhurst
01-29-2004, 08:53 PM
JohnRW, that was not a scold. It was a why don't you wise up some. You may write what ever trips your triger. If your so proud of what you wrote why don't you post the same message on the production site.

***It does not represent the actual 'movers & shakers' in Prod racing, so take anything you read there with a grain of salt and 3 fingers of good scotch.***

Would you like a list of the movers & shakers that use the Production site on a regular basis ? Shall I do the list of each Production class per their finishes at the Runoffs for year 2003 ? If you had a clue you would not have wrote the above negative comment about the lack of movers & shakers.

Thanks Drew, I think. http://Forums.ImprovedTouring.com/it/wink.gif

David

Knestis
01-29-2004, 09:27 PM
I *tend* to be overly academic about rules and stuff but this is the lamest possible thing in the world to get PO'd about - let alone to ascribe it to some kind of "just-get-another-of-my-dollars" conspiracy theory goofiness.

Yeah - NO ER doc is going to give you blood without checking your type but what about those among us who have potentially life-threatening conditions, allergies, etc. that might get overlooked. It's a near-zero cost effort and, if it does even one person some good, it is totally worth it.

Puh-leeez, people.

K

Geo
01-29-2004, 11:39 PM
Originally posted by Knestis:
I *tend* to be overly academic about rules and stuff but this is the lamest possible thing in the world to get PO'd about - let alone to ascribe it to some kind of "just-get-another-of-my-dollars" conspiracy theory goofiness.

Yeah - NO ER doc is going to give you blood without checking your type but what about those among us who have potentially life-threatening conditions, allergies, etc. that might get overlooked. It's a near-zero cost effort and, if it does even one person some good, it is totally worth it.

Puh-leeez, people.

K

Yeah!

What Kirk said! http://Forums.ImprovedTouring.com/it/biggrin.gif

------------------
George Roffe
Houston, TX

Geo
01-29-2004, 11:40 PM
Originally posted by Tom Donnelly:
I just browsed over to the prodcar website.
I think IT is slipping.

They're lots funnier than us.

Yeah, but looks aren't everything. http://Forums.ImprovedTouring.com/it/wink.gif

------------------
George Roffe
Houston, TX

JohnRW
01-30-2004, 01:58 AM
Originally posted by ddewhurst:
JohnRW, that was not a scold. It was a why don't you wise up some.

Oh, please…'splain me the difference. I'd be fascinated to hear it.

If your so proud of what you wrote why don't you post the same message on the production site.
[/B]

My dog is bigger than your dog ? My bike is faster than your bike ??? Simple answer. Among those who post the heaviest on that site, the only thing moving above their neck, is their mouth. Someone posted a link here, and indicated that there was a discussion of interest. I had already read it, and I posted my concerns that that discussion didn't reflect reality. Although I'm a registered user over there, I have no interest in joining in all the 'reindeer games'. There is some old story about dogs and fleas…

Originally posted by ddewhurst:
Would you like a list of the movers & shakers that use the Production site on a regular basis ? Shall I do the list of each Production class per their finishes at the Runoffs for year 2003 ? If you had a clue you would not have wrote the above negative comment about the lack of movers & shakers.

Tonite, just for fun, I did a little survey of the stats on the Prod board. You can do it yourself, if you think I cooked the numbers. Looking at the "memberlist" data, I arbitrarily picked 400 posts and started looking at names. Why did I pick 400 ? Purely on 'noise-level', and I had to start somewhere, didn't I ? Eight people with over 400 posts…and how many of them are Big-Assed Front-Running Prod guys ? How many of them are backmarker-bait ? HOW MANY OF THEM DON'T RACE ANYTHING ? Actually, it's kinda funny. The prime noise-makers ain't even racing. Based purely on volume of posts, your statement above just doesn't water.

There are a lot of names of racers on that memberlist that I know, and many more that I only know by name and ability, and they're not among the foolish noisemakers posting on the Prod site. They're front-runners and opinion-leaders, and even they are annoyed and embarrassed by the goings-on at the Prod boards. The ones I know have told me so.

The Prod site discussion of medical docs turned stupid and mean-spirited. If you're trying to defend that discussion, save your breath, because I'm just not listening. The weird subculture of the Prod boards is read by racers, Noobs, and the worker base we rely on so we can play. Nice impression it leaves, huh ? Piss them off and they'll just stop playing along. Time for you blow-holes to police your public persona, and take the petty bullshit to a 'back channel'.

But then, I didn't expect you to like my response. You're part of the problem.

George - we're 'on' for a beer, if I'm not out ice-racing. Email or call me.

Joe Harlan
01-30-2004, 02:13 AM
John, I could almost agree with you on a lot of what you say except for this fact.

I have the most posts of anyone on that sight. I raced 9 races myself last year built 4 customer cars maintained 15 race cars for customers attended 26 races in total and went to the runoffs working on a customer 350z in T2. So while you maybe be some what accurate about some of what you have said you don't have all your facts in order. On the other side of that I have seen arument over washer bottle and stock bolts holding up dashboards on this site that would rival many of the stupid ass arguments to be found on the prodsite. So thanks for your input.

Oh and one little piece I left out. There was a medical professional that responded to the other site and indicated that this procedure would be basicly worthless as far as being helpful. So while it's only a buck I would rather donate it to the local kids hospitol than to waste on another program that will give somebody another think to bitch about at the race track. Websites are for bitchin and race tracks are for having fun. So if you ever make it out here I would be glad to buy you a beer and kick your ass around the track wheel to wheel.

Thanks again for the input.

Joe Harlan
TopTech Motorsports

[This message has been edited by Joe Harlan (edited January 30, 2004).]

Tom Donnelly
01-30-2004, 10:40 AM
This all looks like racing withdrawal symptoms to me.

Y'all should try siiting in your racecar at night with your helmet on and go vroom-vroom.

It works for me.
(sometimes)
Tom

ddewhurst
01-30-2004, 01:41 PM
Tom, it was -15* last night & the helmet don't fit over the ear muffs. http://Forums.ImprovedTouring.com/it/smile.gif http://Forums.ImprovedTouring.com/it/biggrin.gif

Have Fun http://Forums.ImprovedTouring.com/it/wink.gif
David