PDA

View Full Version : Belt Label

JLawton
01-12-2004, 09:06 AM
After moving the race car around this weekend, I got out and realized the date tag had fallen of the belt!! They are still good through 05"!! Anything I can do or am I SOL!!

------------------
Jeff L
#17 944

Knestis
01-12-2004, 10:00 AM
Did you save the label or is it MIA? The only recourse that I can see is to either (a) have the label and purchase invoice with you at tech, or (B) ship the harness and copy of the invoice back to the manufacturer so they can sew a new label in it.

That is kind of harsh.

Kirk

(who is going to take care of his labels)

Maddog
01-12-2004, 11:36 PM
Originally posted by Knestis:
Did you save the label or is it MIA? The only recourse that I can see is to either (a) have the label and purchase invoice with you at tech, or (B) ship the harness and copy of the invoice back to the manufacturer so they can sew a new label in it.

Tech has no way to know that the belts in the car are were the label you have in your hand came from.

Send the belts back to the manufacturer.

JackH55
01-13-2004, 08:35 AM
Remember,
The restraint system needs only one label for the entire system.
GCR 20.8 page 173
Also note tha change to that section which states that SFI labels expire on 12/31 of the 2nd year after the date of manufacure.

Jack

ddewhurst
01-13-2004, 10:52 AM
Jeff, I am curious who manufactured your belts & how this date tag was attached to the belts.

Have Fun http://Forums.ImprovedTouring.com/it/wink.gif
David

JLawton
01-14-2004, 08:10 AM
David,
They are G- Force belts that cam with the car (just picked it up recently). The label was sewn in but very frayed. When climbing in, it gets the butt friction. I think I wanted cam locks anyhow............

------------------
Jeff L
#17 944