PDA

View Full Version : rollcage question

rage_racing
11-17-2003, 04:21 PM
well the cage is about complete... will hopefully be welded in next week...
as far as the door bars go I know that on the drivers side it can extend into the door but what about the passenger side can I make it identical or does the passenger side have to stay completely intact?

just double checking prior to that stage!!!

planet6racing
11-17-2003, 04:41 PM
Passenger side has to remain intact. You are allowed to remove the inner door cosmetic panel (the think you can rest your arm on) and replace it with 0.060" aluminum, but the rest of the door shall remain intact.

------------------
Bill
Planet 6 Racing
bill (at) planet6racing (dot) com

theenico
11-18-2003, 10:54 AM
Don't forget to leave the glass in the passenger side door as well. Someone got DQ'd at the ARRC in 2002 for taking the glass out.

------------------
Nico
KCRaceware (816) 257-7305
[email protected]

rage_racing
11-18-2003, 07:29 PM
but the glass can come out of the drivers side right ?
and the door bar on the driverside can extend into the door so that it can be gutted right?

Speed Raycer
11-18-2003, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by rage_racing:
but the glass can come out of the drivers side right ?
and the door bar on the driverside can extend into the door so that it can be gutted right?

Reverse your questions and you have the answer. If you use a NASCAR style bar, you can gut the door (minus the door opening hardware and side impact beam. The beam CAN'T be touched), which includes removing the glass.

If you do not utilize a NASCAR style bar, then the only thing you can do is replace the door trim panel with aluminum. Everything else stays intact, including the glass.

------------------
Scott
It's not what you build...
it's how you build it

http://www.angelfire.com/mo3/rudder_racing/images/RX7_Pictures/SRsRX/SRsRX7.jpg

[This message has been edited by Speed Raycer (edited November 18, 2003).]

The Sleeper
11-27-2003, 02:50 PM
I beg to differ, as per the gcr " The driver`s door window glass, window operating mechanism, and inside door latch/lock operating mechanism may be removed and the inner door structural panel may be modified, but not removed." it then goes on to say the stock side impact beam and outside door latch/lock operating mechanism shall not be modified or removed, this pertains to using nascar side bars.

I for one would like to see the gcr updated to let all glass be removed and replaced with lexan even if a 50 lb. weight penanty is applied. Glass even safety glass has no place in a race car. All glass does is present a health hazard to the driver in an accident.

Have a happy Thanksgiving