PDA

View Full Version : LSD question

zracre
03-29-2005, 06:05 PM
I just got a Quaiffe LSD for my 92 ITA Integra and am curious about how much of a change to my current set up i will need to do so i dont go backwards...The car seems to be pretty good on the regional level now without it but I was a mid pack driver at the ARRC...It was a new car and I had not driven there since the track was changed a few years back...I know i will need to rebuild the motor soon as I have only bolted a header on and an intake...I do have a pretty stout rear swaybar now and konis with coil overs...680# springs front and 600# rear... that was reccomended by the guys at ground control...any input would help...im doing pretty good in points so i wouldnt want to go backwards...thanks

Evan Darling
ITA Integra

------------------
Evan Darling
ITA Integra

itaintegra31
03-29-2005, 08:36 PM
Putting the Quaiffe in will not cause you to have to change your set up, it will just let you put the power down sooner in tight turns and will make the car turn in better. As for your set up, what type of Koni's are you using? Your spring rates seem a little soft in the rear.We are running 2 2nd gen Integras one has stock Koni yellows and ground coil overs with 500lbs springs in the front and 800lbs springs in the rear, the other 2nd gen has revalved Konis with 900lbs springs in the rear and 600lbs in the front. On the tracks that we run on the west coast these set ups work good, not knowing any of the tracks you run on it is a little hard to tell you the exact set up that would work best. If we can help let me know.

------------------
Ron Carroll
REC Motorsports Inc.
#52 ITA integra

[This message has been edited by itaintegra31 (edited March 29, 2005).]

[This message has been edited by itaintegra31 (edited March 29, 2005).]

zracre
03-29-2005, 10:30 PM
I have stock koni yellows now, I run Hoosier r3s02's and race mostly at Sebring, Moroso Motorsports Park, Daytona, Homestead and occasionally Road Atlanta. I also run Toyo ra1's in intermediate conditions. Thanks again!!

Evan Darling
ITA Integra

joeg
03-30-2005, 09:14 AM
Evan--Try it without worrying about suspension settings.

It is a different experience. Changing settings in conjunction with trying the Quaife will violate one of the principal rules of car development--one step (or change) at a time!

Have fun with the Quaife.

RSTPerformance
03-31-2005, 06:52 PM
Evan-

Just remember Power Down!!!

We didn't change our car setups much on the Audi's but did continue to take tire presures/temps and adjust from the readings every session. Biggest change is in driving style... The car will plow unless you are on the gas http://ITForum.ImprovedTouring.com/smile.gif The only other thing that I noticed is that the rear of the car did not seem nearly as "loose" as it did without the LSD (If you lift in the middle of the turn the car would/will plow instead of rotate).

Raymond

zracre
03-31-2005, 10:04 PM
Thank you for all the input...i appreciate it!! the car finally turns in nice now...i had issues dialing it in but it seems just right now...I will install the LSD and see how it goes on a test day or instructor day with a local club...I will get an adjustable rear bar to play with soon as well.

Evan Darling
ITA Integra