PDA

View Full Version : How does the Kumho 710 perform?

B Schley
03-14-2005, 05:43 PM
I'm considering running these this year because of price and contingency money. I have run Hoosiers for four years. How do the Kumhos compare. Are they more durable, or do they go off? I run a Crx si and am about a second off the really fast guys in ITA in my region. Any feedback is appreciated.
Thanks,
Bill

jlucas
03-16-2005, 05:17 PM
Don't know specifically for a CRX (do they even have your size?) but it's the hot tire at Solo Nationals (ie. good even cold) but it can also last National length race distance (Runoffs, etc...) = sticky & long lasting. On our SSC Civics they don't go off; haven't tried them on the IT car yet since it's just being finished.

Disclaimer: Kumho Sponsored http://ITForum.ImprovedTouring.com/smile.gif

Edit: It's hard to beat their contingency. I don't think anyone else has a better program; prize money is nearly double for 2005.

------------------
Jeremy Lucas
Team Honda Research
Kumho - Cobalt - Comptech

[This message has been edited by jlucas (edited March 16, 2005).]

C. Ludwig
03-16-2005, 05:46 PM
I tried them for the first time this last weekend at Gateway. We were a little over 1 second faster than the last time we were there with Hoosier 03s. The car has been developed some since then but it was also 35 degrees out so we could only develope around 85* tire temps. I felt they were a very good tire but I'm holding out full reviews until we get more time with them. I can say they are considerably heavier than the 03s but I haven't weighed them to give a quantitative number to that. I will say I went with them after looking at every option this year almost exclusively based on their contingency program.

------------------
Chris Ludwig
08 ITS RX7 CenDiv

KevSC1
03-19-2005, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by C. Ludwig:
I can say they are considerably heavier than the 03s but I haven't weighed them to give a quantitative number to that.

When we switched from Kuhmo Victoracers to Hoosiers, we found the Hoosiers to be 2.2 lbs lighter.

------------------
Kevin M. Keller
crew, '94 Saturn SC2 ITA
F&C, STL Region
http://www.saturnperformanceclub.com