PDA

View Full Version : Dashboard

backformore
03-12-2005, 03:46 PM
I assume that dashboard refers to the entire panel as installed, including glove box and lower trim pieces. Am I correct?

lateapex911
03-12-2005, 05:24 PM
This oughta be good.....

(Is this question posed because you walked aroung the paddock/grid and saw zero consistency?)

------------------
Jake Gulick
CarriageHouse Motorsports
ITA 57 RX-7
New England Region
[email protected]

Knestis
03-12-2005, 06:57 PM
http://it2.evaluand.com/gti/images/itcockpit1.jpg

I'm going to guess that I'm on the more conservative end of the interpretation continuum. Since this picture was taken, I've removed the airbag cover on the passenger side (there's no glovebox) and put a plastic panel in where the radio used to live - for illegal switches. http://ITForum.ImprovedTouring.com/smile.gif

Just for conversation's sake...

K

[This message has been edited by Knestis (edited March 12, 2005).]

dickita15
03-12-2005, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by backformore:
I assume that dashboard refers to the entire panel as installed, including glove box and lower trim pieces. Am I correct?
yea I think so, i always figured it included everything except what you can call console.
dick

lateapex911
03-12-2005, 10:11 PM
My thinking is if you ordered one from the dealer, what would you get?

In my case, the console is attached, and needs a saw to liberate it, so.....it stays put for me.

There have been cases made about removing glove box doors, and lower panels, but I left mine on. No reason to remove them I jus notched around them for the bars where needed. Looks better anyway that way.

------------------
Jake Gulick
ITA 57 RX-7
New England Region
[email protected]

lateapex911
03-12-2005, 10:12 PM
My thinking is if you ordered one from the dealer, what would you get?

In my case, the console is attached, and needs a saw to liberate it, so.....it stays put for me.

There have been cases made about removing glove box doors, and lower panels, but I left mine on. No reason to remove them. I just notched around them for the bars where needed. Looks better anyway that way. IMHO

------------------
Jake Gulick
ITA 57 RX-7
New England Region
[email protected]

backformore
03-12-2005, 10:25 PM
The reason I asked was looking at pictures of a car for sale that did not have the lower half.

I've been away for a few years and have not kept up with every change. I wondered if a ruling had clarified dashboard not to include the glove box.

As for what I would get if I ordered one from the dealer, I really don't know. But I would be curious to know.

gran racing
03-14-2005, 11:21 AM
From the GCR …”the remainder of the dash ‘board’ or panel shall remain intact.”

In my Honda shop manual, it distinguishes between the dash and dash board. The diagram for the dash board does not include the glove box as well as a few of the other items the dash includes.

The smart thing would be to keep the glove box; why worry about something that doesn't impact performance and weighs next to nothing. (Yes, I am searching for a replacement glove box.)

------------------
Dave Gran
NER ITB #13
'87 Honda Prelude si

Knestis
03-14-2005, 12:00 PM
I don't have my ITCS handy but what about the clause that says something about it being OK to remove storage bins and the like?

K