PDA

View Full Version : Pre-season prep

reisertracing
02-13-2005, 11:25 PM
Please help me with a list of items to be done for pre-season prep on a 1985 Mazda RX-7 ITA car.
I am planning to race in March and the car has been run very little in the 2 years since I bought it(due to family issues).
I have cleaned it, changed oil and filter, fuel filter, changed gear oil/diff oil 75/90 mobil 1, cleaned carb, clean air filter,
Need other items to check and do, also need some guidelines on alignment and set-up ,i.e. toe, camber, castor, ride height , etc. and a pre-race check list, I am planning to change spark plugs, check dwell and timing and adjust and flush brakes, water, and clutch fluid, Need some guidance form the IT forum for some help.
Thanks

------------------
Johhny R.

lateapex911
02-13-2005, 11:54 PM
Welcome to IT.com Johnny...

You might want to search the site's Mazda section for some good info as well.

Has it been kept running or "pickled" over it's rest? Give the carb a good going through, and be prepared with spare gaskets.

Flush the fluids, esp the coolant. You'll want water with water wetter for the track.

Take a good look at the bearings as well.

Double check safety items, fire system, and the belts, keeping in mind the new rules.

Brakes...make sure you have a full set of pads on hand if you decide to run the existing. Check the shocks for leaks and proper operation.

Finally, nut and bolt the entire car, paying triple attention to anything non stock.

As to set up.... it really depends on the components under the car. I suggest you repost this query in the Mazda section, and describe the current components.

Welcome, good luck, and where are you from?

------------------
Jake Gulick
CarriageHouse Motorsports
ITA 57 RX-7
New England Region
[email protected]

reisertracing
02-14-2005, 12:49 AM
I am in Indiana, thanks for the help.

------------------
Johhny R.

Racerlinn
02-14-2005, 01:31 PM
Johnny, are you go going to Gateway?
I'll be there for the double school / regional.

------------------
Steve Linn
'92 ITA Sentra SE-R
www.indyscca.org (http://www.indyscca.org)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v366/Racerlinn/SideSER2.jpg