PDA

View Full Version : New Speedsource transmission locked up???

Doug Ford
06-01-2004, 07:52 PM
I just got a speedsource transmission out of the box and found that it will not turn over or go into 3rd, 4th or 5th. I have been told that you have to force the drive shaft to turn and it will be ok. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
thanks

------------------
1989 Mazda rx-7 red ITS #12
1995 BMW 325is White
2001 supercrew white (tow vehicle)
Regional Executive Midsouth Region #66

lee graser
06-04-2004, 03:43 PM
sounds like you may have two gears engaged at the same time----there is a 10 inch long "hocky stick" shift rod that lines up wth the pull hooks---if one hook were accidently pused in (misalligned during assembly) the trans could exhibit the symptoms you describe----full disaassembly is NOT required for this fix---just the tail housing removed.---once placed in neutral the input shaft should rotate freely---if not then you likely have the problem I have described---talk to sped source may be they can talk you thru the fix without shipping the trans back to the race shop----the proceedure is a little tricky but not difficult

Doug Ford
06-04-2004, 05:22 PM
I talked with Syl today and he said he would fix it no problem. The reason I was asking is that I have heard the they speedsource and isc put these transmissions together so tight that you have to force the trans to turn over using the drive shaft and a screw driver and it fixes the problem. I didn't to bother speedsource about it until I got confermation about this rumor. I kinda felt like an idiot. Of which I am anyway ask any body that knows me.

Thanks for the help and thanks to sylvain Trembley of sppedsource for backing up his work.

------------------
1989 Mazda rx-7 red ITS #12
1995 BMW 325is White
2001 supercrew white (tow vehicle)
Regional Executive Midsouth Region #66