PDA

View Full Version : Anyone running Amsoil?

vincenzo
04-09-2004, 03:37 PM
Thanks

philstireservice
04-10-2004, 01:36 PM
I run AMSOIL

------------------
Phil Phillips
94 Acura Integra GSR #4
ITS/H3/ST1
www.philstireservice.com
Official Independent Amsoil Dealer for the East Coast Honda Challenge
distributor for FireCharger AFFF fire systems
Hoosier Tire Dealer
Toyo Tire Dealer

whenry
04-10-2004, 02:29 PM
Great stuff and I actually prefer some of their product as compared to Redline or such. Particularly gear lube and bearing grease. It can be a little hard to find compared to Redline that is now available at Pepboy,Advance, etc. YMMV

joeg
04-10-2004, 08:32 PM
Best grease around!

(But for oil, I'll stick with Mobil One)

lateapex911
04-11-2004, 01:27 AM
Nothing bad to say about any synthetic product actually. I prefer mobil1 oil as well, as my sponsor sells it. I've used the big three..Amsoil, Redline and Mobil1.

I hate to say this, because the functionality has been historically awful, but do a search. They say they have upgraded the search function.

We've typed alot of words about this subject before. And probably gotten into arguemnts as well!

------------------
Jake Gulick
CarriageHouse Motorsports
ITA 57 RX-7
New England Region
[email protected]

Weaver7
04-11-2004, 10:16 AM
Anyone run Royal Purple??? I see that Racing Beat reccomends it. Also I see that Mobil 1 offers a Racing oil.

Dick Elliott
04-11-2004, 09:20 PM
Go Dave Williams site on MSN.com Then go to short tech notes. Then go to oiling and bearings. At this web site you will learn more about oiling than any man needs to know. He tells the whole story about Amsoil. After reading the story Mobil 1 looks even better than I though. This guy writes for mags like circle track and stock car.

[This message has been edited by Dick Elliott (edited April 11, 2004).]

Allen Brown
04-12-2004, 03:18 PM
I use Royal Purple in the eccentric shaft case and redline synthetic 2 stroke in with the gas. I was using Amsoil up until last year where the local supplier of Amsoil almost doubled the price. I personally can't tell any difference in any area...other than the pocket book.

apr67
04-12-2004, 04:27 PM
The AMWAY style distribution of Amsoil has allways puzzled me.. Someone said they are now selling it at autoparts stores?

Well, al teast that moves them up to the level of snakeoil (like Slick 50!) in marketing circles!

philstireservice
04-13-2004, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by apr67:
The AMWAY style distribution of Amsoil has allways puzzled me.. Someone said they are now selling it at autoparts stores?

Well, al teast that moves them up to the level of snakeoil (like Slick 50!) in marketing circles!

Amsoil can be sold at parts stores...but not to a big chain. I think the maximum is 3.

mgyip
05-12-2004, 11:11 AM
I was running 5W30 Amsoil (diesel oil) in the racecar for quite some time - the biggest ill-effect was a low oil pressure light when I came off the track. Interestingly enough, I'd never experienced that with 5W30 Mobil 1.