PDA

View Full Version : Cage Builder Central Virginia

Al Seim
04-21-2004, 03:22 PM
I'm in Richmond Va and looking for someone to do some cage mods to mt IT Scirocco. (Especially to beef up the tie-in between the hoop mounting and the unibody channels, which of course means welding fairly heavy steel to oh-so-thin steel. The NASCAR guys do great cage work but I'm not sure if they have any experience on tub cars.)

Anyone have any suggestions?

nathanrolfe
04-21-2004, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by Al Seim:
I'm in Richmond Va and looking for someone to do some cage mods to mt IT Scirocco. (Especially to beef up the tie-in between the hoop mounting and the unibody channels, which of course means welding fairly heavy steel to oh-so-thin steel. The NASCAR guys do great cage work but I'm not sure if they have any experience on tub cars.)

Al,

Try Brett Hamilton. I believe he's down in the Goochland area.His work is awesome and he's very reasonable. Don't let the fact that he does mostly Nascar stuff fool you. His work on my brother's EP BMW is outstanding. And he's a really nice guy too. Don't have his number but can get it for you.

Regards,
Nathan Rolfe

grjones1
05-01-2004, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by Al Seim:

Al,
A bit of a trip for you but Pat Bennet Racing in Amherst, VA did my Fiesta cage and did a great job- and reasonably priced. He does mostly dragsters and round track but he knows what road racing is and does beautiful work.
G. Robert Jones