PDA

View Full Version : Tire Treatment question

Joe Craven
04-29-2004, 02:54 PM
I have a set of Goodyear 205-60/13 GSCS tires that have been used twice. They were made in 2002 and are now unfortunatly don't seem to grip very well. I bought them a few months ago and am kinda pissed that I've been out of the running for a win because of the poor grip of these tires. I'm faster on 2 year old 8 heat cycle Hoosiers.

I have some Formula V tire treatment. Would applying this stuff help these tires to perform better or should I just put these tires in the recycling pile?

Chris Wire
04-29-2004, 03:21 PM
I have no experience with Formula V, but customers of mine have had varying degrees of success with it.

There are many tire treatments available on the circle track market today, so you can take your pick. Pro Blend makes the Hot Lap products that can be found at www.lubricationdynamics.com (http://www.lubricationdynamics.com) . Track Claw is another popular treatment that works. And if you can find it, Tiger Track could be the best of all, dollar-for-dollar.

Some words of advice. Be prepared not to go fast right out of the box. Some of these products actually get better with a short heat cycle. Prepare in advance. Some of these treatments take several days to apply properly; wrapping with cellophane generally improves the process. Get a durometer. If you don't know where you are, you can't know where you need to be. As with anything, keep track of the results. If the tires are quick at a 55 on the durometer, they may be better at a 52 but may fall off at a 48. You need to track them so you're not just wasting money.

------------------
Chris Wire
Team Wire Racing
ITS Mazda RX7 #35
[email protected]