PDA

View Full Version : Accusumps in Rotary?

Allen Brown
04-01-2004, 03:51 PM
Is a Accusump worth installing on a rotary? How many use them?

Thanks.

joeg
04-01-2004, 07:14 PM
Don't think they have real traditional oiling problems--other than keeping the heat down in the oil.

Maybe it is not worth the expense, weight and extra plumbing in a rotary.

I have an Accusump, but I have a four banger.

SPiN Racing
04-21-2004, 03:16 AM
Putting one in my EP RX-7.
I am running the oil Jets in the eccentric therefore the oil pressure is going to be a lot lower at idle.. also the high pressure regulator and high volume pump.
However on the non-ep level cars I have seen there is no reason for it because of sufficient Idle oil pressure.
I Imagine if you had clearances high enough to have low oil pressure at idle you would be making clearances for higher RPM use.. but you would be choked by the intake system at that point.. unless running a RX-2 or 3 with the larger intake/Carb options.
The FI cars cant really breathe at the RPM needed for those clearances I believe..(Those needing a Accusump)

I Imagine if you wanted it as a PRE-Oiler that is a option.. but in the race car the weight of it may not justify the advantages.

Allen Brown
04-22-2004, 01:16 AM
Yes, it was more for a pre-oiler. And this would be for a streetport 13b that has high pressure regulator and high volume oil pump. Basically what I am building is a EP 13b.

I haven't splurged for a mazda comp oil cooler, but I do have two plumbed in that seem to keep the temps at a reasonable level.