PDA

View Full Version : Tech inspector question

RR
04-01-2004, 10:50 AM
My IT car was a recovered theft car I bought from a salvage yard. the VIN # was removed when it was originally stolen. Do I need a vin # somewhere on the car or can I show the paper work detailed the year/model etc.

lobster
04-01-2004, 11:27 AM
RR, I have known a few "bodys in white" race cars over the years. At 1st it may be a little hard but with some documents you should not have any problems. Once you have your cage #stamped and your log book you should be ok just have your ducks in a row Glenn

Geo
04-01-2004, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by lobster:
RR, I have known a few "bodys in white" race cars over the years. At 1st it may be a little hard but with some documents you should not have any problems. Once you have your cage #stamped and your log book you should be ok just have your ducks in a row Glenn

I wouldn't be so sure.

From the ITCS:

"A minimum of two (2) VIN plates and/or stampings is required."

I would write to the national office and try to get some official ruling/help on this matter.

------------------
George Roffe
Houston, TX
84 944 ITS car under construction
92 ITS Sentra SE-R occasionally borrowed
http://www.nissport.com

racer_tim
04-01-2004, 12:02 PM
What type of car is it? I've collected many VIN plates from A1 Scirocco's and Rabbits that I've parted out and chopped up into little pieces.

------------------
Tim Linerud
San Francisco Region SCCA
#95 GP Wabbit (Bent)
http://linerud.myvnc.com/racing/index.html

planet6racing
04-01-2004, 12:06 PM
Go through your factory service manuals. These will tell you where additional VIN #'s are stamped into your body/frame/chassis. The GCR doesn't say there has to be two that can be seen, just that there has to be two VIN's on the car.

I'm almost 100% positive there are at least 2 more VIN's without the one in the window.

------------------
Bill
Planet 6 Racing
bill (at) planet6racing (dot) com

RR
04-01-2004, 12:42 PM
Yes just found it on inside fender. Alto, FYI called Topeka, they said bring copy of title and bill of sale if all else fails, should be fine. Thanks for all help.