PDA

View Full Version : tires in 04...

RSTPerformance
03-22-2004, 11:07 AM
What is everyone running for tires this year???

I am guessing the new Hoosiers are "the winning tire" but just wondering how Hancook and the new Kumo are doing in the battle for the podium? How about the old old Hoosier compared to the new one? How about the Goodyears?

Also any "new info" about the tires, IE: how are they holding up, optimal pressures etc. etc. etc.

Raymond Blethen
RST performance Racing
www.rstperformance.com (http://www.rstperformance.com)

planet6racing
03-22-2004, 11:10 AM
Well, so far the results with the new Kumho's that I have heard have put them ahead of both Hoosiers (old and new compounds). However, most of this has been done on relativley cool tracks.

I'll probably pick up a set or two of the v710's later this year and will save some for the ARRC. However, I'm going to wait until the summer starts to heat up to find out how they are really doing...

------------------
Bill
Planet 6 Racing
bill (at) planet6racing (dot) com

7racing
03-22-2004, 11:20 AM
I'm running Hoosiers this year (to start, anyway). I took a long look at the Hancook, but they have NOT changed their compound from last year. They were competitive with the Hoosier/Kumho, but with the recent changes, I think the Hancook will be a bit slower.

I think the Hoosier's need to have a little more cold pressure than the previous versions.

Joe Craven
03-23-2004, 12:47 AM
Fortunately or not, I'm pretty limited on what I can buy for my 13x6" rims. I tried Hoosiers, but they seem too wide for the rim. I'm running Goodyear GSCS this year, I already bought eight of them so they better work good! They fit much better on the 6" rim.

Perhaps Hoosier might come out with their new tire in 13" sometime later this year.