PDA

View Full Version : GTV6 Alfa

danj
02-02-2004, 01:41 AM
Hi,
I just purchased a project GTV6 track car. I'm looking to connect with someone who currently runs a GTV6 in ITS. Until this summer I had been running a club ford Crossle, so I am new to the IT scene.
Thanks,
Dan.

PFM Racing
02-02-2004, 04:31 PM
Dan,

Get in touch with the guys at Vick Autosports. They know their stuff and race Alfas & Fiats.

www.vickauto.com (http://www.vickauto.com)

------------------
Jennifer Rudder
PFM Racing
www.pfmracing.com

Quickshoe
02-02-2004, 09:35 PM
Santo's Italian Car Service...or something similar, I can't remember the exact name. They are in So. Cal and big in the ALFA scene on the west coast. I am not an Alfa owner but instruct for and co-drive in their annual enduro. (This is how I know of Anthony and their reputation) Anthony Rimmicci can be found on the VARA forum, the AROSC forum, and the ALFAbb. He and his family owned business are very active with a whole crap load of Alfa's with VARA, HSR and AROSC.

Quickshoe
02-02-2004, 09:38 PM
Additional comments.

Still have any Crossle related bits? I have a 32.

[email protected]

eh_tony!!!
02-02-2004, 11:40 PM
I'm biased, but try John Baucom at Baucom Motorsports in Charlotte.. 704-847-7742. He has built IT milanos and also some GTV track cars. VERY accomplished fiat/alfa builder.

danj
02-03-2004, 11:00 AM
Thanks for all the feedback.

I'll start making some contact with people thta you recommended. From what I have seen at Regionals, there's lots of 240z, a few 944s and stuff like that running ITS. I know the GTV6 is listed as ITS. I intend to prepare it as a fun, safe track day car, and it seems to make some sense to prepare it to a popular SCCA class rules so that it is more saleable when the time comes.

BTW Quickshoe, I sold all my worthwhile Crossle spares with the car. I do have a number of old lucas starters and a flywheel or two sitting around...they are good for holding things down on windy days.
Again, thanks for the replies.
Dan.

Zal Chitty
02-03-2004, 12:24 PM
Best is America for GTV 6 is Richard Jemison. Won SAARC GT2 class in 3.0L GTV 6.

You can reach Richard @ [email protected]

aggarcia
02-04-2004, 01:13 PM
Dan, I have been running a GTV6 in ITS in Sowdiv since 97. It is a unique car and can do well in prepared correctly. Like all forms of racing, more money helps. I have always had a shoestring budget, but love my GTV6. A lot of GTV6 ITS drivers are moving to Limited Prep EP once I got the car classified a few years back. Good Luck.

ANDREWG

aggarcia
02-04-2004, 01:14 PM
Dan, I have been running a GTV6 in ITS in Sowdiv since 97. It is a unique car and can do well in prepared correctly. Like all forms of racing, more money helps. I have always had a shoestring budget, but love my GTV6. A lot of GTV6 ITS drivers are moving to Limited Prep EP once I got the car classified a few years back. Good Luck.

ANDREWG