PDA

View Full Version : car classification

sharkmonkey
12-02-2003, 10:47 AM
I'm working on getting my car classified for IT. It's a 92 Geo Prism. The 90 Prism is already classified but the 92 is not.

I guess I need a shop manual to submit the application for classification. I see on eBay a bunch of different manuals for this car. Which one is the right one? Is the Haynes automotive repair maual correct? Chilton? Or do I need the factory shop manual?

Thanks,
MARK

planet6racing
12-02-2003, 12:13 PM
Mark:

You'll need the factory manuals. Chilton/Haynes are only acceptable if you can prove you can no longer get an FSM.

------------------
Bill
Planet 6 Racing
bill (at) planet6racing (dot) com

sharkmonkey
12-02-2003, 12:27 PM
Okay thanks.
The manual is still available so I guess I have to shell out the cash.

By the way, could you please just take a look to see if the 92 Prism is in the GCR. It wasn't 2 years ago.
MARK

[This message has been edited by sharkmonkey (edited December 02, 2003).]

Geo
12-03-2003, 01:03 AM
Originally posted by sharkmonkey:
The manual is still available so I guess I have to shell out the cash.

Yes indeedy.

One of the reasons the Z4 was excluded from The Runoffs was the lack of FSM availability since it's required for all competitors to have one.

------------------
George Roffe
Houston, TX
84 944 ITS car under construction
92 ITS Sentra SE-R occasionally borrowed
http://www.nissport.com

Banzai240
12-03-2003, 02:26 AM
Originally posted by Geo:
Yes indeedy.

One of the reasons the Z4 was excluded from The Runoffs was the lack of FSM availability since it's required for all competitors to have one.

I thought that the Fastrack last month said that one of the Z4 drivers had one on CD that was loaned to them by the dealer???

Geo
12-03-2003, 02:34 AM
Originally posted by Banzai240:
I thought that the Fastrack last month said that one of the Z4 drivers had one on CD that was loaned to them by the dealer???

It did. But go back and reread. The fact is, the FSM is not available to the public or Joe Racer. My take is that on loan from a dealer doesn't cut it if it's not generally available.

------------------
George Roffe
Houston, TX
84 944 ITS car under construction
92 ITS Sentra SE-R occasionally borrowed
http://www.nissport.com