PDA

View Full Version : Racing car bill of sale ?

Fleetcare
10-25-2003, 09:09 PM
Anyone have one ?
The only one i found has these as the terms:
"In connection with the described vehicle, seller expressly disclaims all warranties, either express or implied, including, but not limited to, any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.

Seller neither assumes nor authorizes any other person to assume for seller any liability in connection with the sale of the described vehicle.
"
and i dont see taht working for a racing car

Anyone have one tehy could post or email to me ?

Thanks
~Jonathan

bldn10
10-26-2003, 06:51 PM
If I were selling, I'd want those provisions; if I were buying, I'd expect them. What's the problem?

Fleetcare
10-26-2003, 09:00 PM
I agree.. But I am looking for a form/outline that is bulletproof that someone else may have written

joeg
10-27-2003, 08:08 AM
CAVEAT EMPTOR MOTORS BILL OF SALE

For the sum of $______________(Seller) hereby sells to (Buyer)one (1)_____________, as is, where is.

ITA_CRX
10-27-2003, 11:04 AM
As long as there are lawyers nothing will be bullit proof.

No contract is legally binding and you can't sign your rights away.

Get cash for the car, move, change your name and phone numbers, then deny all knowledge of ever owning the car.

Jamie

USGUYS
10-27-2003, 11:27 PM
Some years ago I sold a racecar to a fellow that I knew was going to race the car. The Bill of Sale was about the same as the one you quote. I added to it language that he and his spouse both know the risks of racing and assume the risk and wave any claims that might arise while racing the car. I had him and his wife sign. In Wisconsin liability can be wavied, but the husband and wife can have separate claims.
Yea I are a lawyer.

USGUYS
10-27-2003, 11:28 PM
Some years ago I sold a racecar to a fellow that I knew was going to race the car. The Bill of Sale was about the same as the one you quote. I added to it language that he and his spouse both know the risks of racing and assume the risk and wave any claims that might arise while racing the car. I had him and his wife sign. In Wisconsin liability can be wavied, but the husband and wife can have separate claims.
Yea I are a lawyer.

USGUYS
10-27-2003, 11:29 PM
Yea I are a lawyer.

gsbaker
10-28-2003, 10:00 AM
I suggest you follow the tone and tenor of our product waiver, which begins about half way down this page:

http://isaacdirect.com/html/order.html

------------------
Gregg Baker
Isaac, LLC
[email protected]

Fleetcare
10-28-2003, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by gsbaker:
I suggest you follow the tone and tenor of our product waiver, which begins about half way down this page:

http://isaacdirect.com/html/order.html

WHile i think its quite good.. I just dont think its serious enough! I am basically having a lwayer draw something up to cover my ass until i get get out of the country http://Forums.ImprovedTouring.com/it/wink.gif

The Sleeper
11-26-2003, 11:43 PM
Draw up a bill of sale for parts.
This body is to be used for parts only.
The purchaser assures all responsability for it`s use...

You can spend a million dollars to try and draw up a protection contract but there will always be a lawyer and a politician to help break it so someone can sue you. If you sell it for parts only then if it goes to court you stand a better chance of protecting yourself since you sold it for parts only.

jc836
11-27-2003, 07:45 AM
Might I suggest that you use a standard form Bill of Sale that is valid in your state for automobile sales. You can add the things that you want the buyer to agree to and have him/her initial each line before a Notary. This gives reasonable assurance that the deal is as clean as possible.
I sold my 96 Civic and offered this document so that the buyer would not have any questions raised about the value or condition when he went to title it in his home state.
Keep in mind that you are selling a car-whether it is setup to race or not it is a car. This assumes it is not a purpose built one. Previously street legal automobiles generally have a Title/true race cars can but generally will not unless the owner chose to obtain one. Thus the history via the Original BIll of Sale becomes very important to define ownership.

Remember that contract conditions such as that in your questions are valid if the parties mutually agree to them in writing. If you have a 3rd party acting on your behalf that could be a different matter and one a lawyer or Notary might be able to clarify as to your state.

------------------
Grandpa's toys-modded suspensions and a few other tweaks
'89 CRX Si-SCCA ITA #99
'99 Prelude=a sweet song
'03 Dodge Dakota Club Cab V8-Patriot Blue gonna tow