PDA

View Full Version : HP and Torque Curve Blips???

B Breon
11-13-2003, 07:28 PM
Alright all you engine gurus, took the car to a dyno. My Honda CRX engine has a stock ECU, DC Header with 2.5" exhaust, King Motorsports Head, AEM intake and .020 piston bottom end. I lose about 10 ft-lbs and 3 hp between 4700 and 5000 and then slightly rebound on Torque but never as high as it was before the blip. HP continues to grow after the blip at about the same rate as it was before. I've tried adjusting fuel pressure and timing and a different ecu but the blip really doesn't flatten out. Any ideas on what may be causing my HP and Torque dip.

------------------
Brent Breon
Cendiv ITA #26
www.360racing.com

Fleetcare
11-13-2003, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by B Breon:
Alright all you engine gurus, took the car to a dyno. My Honda CRX engine has a stock ECU, DC Header with 2.5" exhaust, King Motorsports Head, AEM intake and .020 piston bottom end. I lose about 10 ft-lbs and 3 hp between 4700 and 5000 and then slightly rebound on Torque but never as high as it was before the blip. HP continues to grow after the blip at about the same rate as it was before. I've tried adjusting fuel pressure and timing and a different ecu but the blip really doesn't flatten out. Any ideas on what may be causing my HP and Torque dip.

stock ecu is probably a good bit of the problem.

Otherwise usually plugs, plugwires, or injectors... maybe fuel flters...

Chris Sawatsky
11-14-2003, 10:33 AM
What year ecu? The stock honda 90-91 Si ecu is supposed to be better for power than previous years

cbotha
11-17-2003, 06:03 PM
Try running different lenghts and diameters intake tubes and the toruqe bump will move around/flatten out depending upon the combination.

B Breon
11-18-2003, 05:53 PM
Put new plugs, wires, cap and rotor on before I dynoed the 2nd time, thinking that might be the problem. Still had blip

I have about 8 different ECU's that I tested (anyone need one, I have plenty) but still saw the blip in all of them except the ZC ECU but that one was running real lean! Anyone have any luck with increased fuel pressure with a ZC ECU? 90 ECU appears to be the best.

Colin, I did my last testing with an AEM Cold Air Intake before the rule change. I now have a shorter one, was planning to redyno to see the effect. Have you seen the hump in the curve that I am describing?

[This message has been edited by B Breon (edited November 18, 2003).]