PDA

View Full Version : anyone using Momo 'Start' seats?

mkehler
11-03-2003, 10:34 PM
If so, thoughts? Anyone using these? They are lower end, but look not too bad from the pics.. Here is a link, click on the START seats...

http://www.sportscar-parts.com/momo_seats.html

Greg Amy
11-03-2003, 10:49 PM
Yup, like it a lot. Good value.

Bought mine from LTB Motorsports. The proprieter, Louis Boustiani, is a contributor on this board.

http://www.ltbmotorsport.com/

lateapex911
11-04-2003, 01:21 AM
I have the same seat, but it was called the "Rookie" when I got it. Love it. Comfy, and supportive. Easy to nap in on grid!!!

------------------
Jake Gulick
CarriageHouse Motorsports
ITA 57 RX-7
New England Region
[email protected]

[This message has been edited by lateapex911 (edited November 04, 2003).]

Tyson
11-04-2003, 03:15 AM
Originally posted by grega:
Yup, like it a lot. Good value.

Bought mine from LTB Motorsports. The proprieter, Louis Boustiani, is a contributor on this board.

http://www.ltbmotorsport.com/

Ditto!

even made it attach to my stock CRX sliders. no SBB needed. comfy. 165lbs, 5'8", could fit up to 200lbs build, but thats just a guess as im not close to that big.

[This message has been edited by Tyson (edited November 04, 2003).]

Geezer
11-04-2003, 08:27 AM
If at all possible, find one to sit in before you buy. Different seats work better for different shapes and driving styles.

I'm lucky to live near OG Racing's showroom, where they have the Sparco and Kirkey lines set up so you can try them out. I spent a couple of hours there sitting in all the seats before choosing one, and have been really happy with it. Fits like a glove and is comfortable all day long.

A little time spent in the showroom will make a difference all year long at the track.

------------------
1988 CRX Si
ECHC H4 #38

grjones1
11-04-2003, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by mkehler:
If so, thoughts? Anyone using these? They are lower end, but look not too bad from the pics.. Here is a link, click on the START seats...

Best kept secret in motor racing is the Butler-Built, Charlotte, N.C. Best fit, best price, and best customer service on any racing part I've ever encountered.
GRJones

Eagle7
11-06-2003, 11:59 PM
Originally posted by grjones1:
Best kept secret in motor racing is the Butler-Built, Charlotte, N.C. Best fit, best price, and best customer service on any racing part I've ever encountered.
GRJones[/B]
I really like mine, but I worry what might happen to my ribs. I hear the seats with shoulder supports are safer.

------------------
Marty Doane
ITS RX7 #13
CenDiv WMR

grjones1
11-07-2003, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by Eagle7:
GRJones
I really like mine, but I worry what might happen to my ribs. I hear the seats with shoulder supports are safer.

[/B][/QUOTE]
Marty,
I've been involved in head-ons, off-road 360's, side swipes, and everything but on my head, and the Butler kept me protected in all cases.
I can't help but think those shoulder supports really limit lateral vision. But I've never used a seat with them.
G. Robert

mkehler
11-08-2003, 03:34 PM
Thanks for all the posts guys, I'll let you know what I decide and how it turns out.

Matt

Fleetcare
11-08-2003, 08:33 PM
I had one in my car..
I honestly dont like it.

It doesnt have ny support for under my legs and I feel really unsafe in it..

Just my personal view..

Tyson
11-09-2003, 10:35 AM
fleetcare, are you talking about the start seat or butler?

i dont see any issue with the leg support on the start seat. i personally dont like the "sunk in" feeling of some other seats.

volante
11-11-2003, 01:11 AM
As long as your on seats.Momo Cup or the Sparco Ultra.I am 170 lbs ,5-7,34 inch waist.It will go in a Sec Miata.
Dave Volante

volante
11-11-2003, 01:13 AM
Any Miata guys have to cut out any of the tranny housing to fit there seats?
Dave V.

Fleetcare
11-11-2003, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by Tyson:
fleetcare, are you talking about the start seat or butler?

i dont see any issue with the leg support on the start seat. i personally dont like the "sunk in" feeling of some other seats.

Im talking about the start seat..
I LOVE that sunken feeling.. Lets my legs rest and not have to be held up all the time!