PDA

View Full Version : OBD2 reflashing

Eric Parham
10-22-2003, 02:16 PM
Now that this is allowed, what's required to actually do it at the track? I know some of the Hondas are already doing it. I'm building a VW, but understand that OBD2 works pretty much the same way across the makes. I have the laptop, so where do I get the diagnostic port cable, interface program, and source code for the ECU? Any hints or links? TIA, Eric ([email protected])

[This message has been edited by Eric Parham (edited October 22, 2003).]

machschnell
10-27-2003, 01:21 PM
There's a guy named Uwe Ross, of Ross-Tech that sells a product called VAG-COM for use with VWs. I think it's $100 for the software and laptop RS-232 cable, I think you can even get it in USB now. Not sure if you can use it to reflash ECUs, but he's a programmer, might be able to work something out.

PJ

------------------
83 Rabbit GTI - future ITB

Dave Burchfield
10-27-2003, 02:05 PM
I have the software and cable that fits everything on the road. I will post the name and location when I get to the house. It wasn't expensive at all.

jc836
10-27-2003, 02:07 PM
Try B&B Electronics. They make AutoTap which works on any post '96 OBD2 car. Not cheap but includes the cables for a laptop or Palm. Not sure if they plan to do the programming side. I have heard nothing form Honda dealers about reflash capability on older ECU's.
The link is www.autotap.com (http://www.autotap.com)
------------------
Grandpa's toys-modded suspensions and a few other tweaks
'89 CRX Si-SCCA ITA #99
'99 Prelude=a sweet song
'03 Dodge Dakota Club Cab V8-Patriot Blue gonna tow

[This message has been edited by jc836 (edited October 27, 2003).]