PDA

View Full Version : IT car list?

speedway66
10-22-2003, 10:54 AM
As my daughter gets closer and closer to graduation, my thoughts are once again turning to actually disposing of some of my disposeable income myself, rather than sending it all to Kent State University.

My quesion is: is there a current list of approved IT cars out there somewhere. I know eventually I'll have go buy a GCR, but I'm just looking for a quick reference now, and the SCCA's searchable database looks like it is about 2 years out of date.

Thanks,
Jim

planet6racing
10-22-2003, 11:07 AM
The short answer is No. Sorry. But, if you ask nice, I'm sure someone here would be more than willing to look one up for you.

The GCR is the only reference currently available with this list. You may also want to check the regional sites to see what cars do well in their class and what cars don't.

------------------
Bill
Planet 6 Racing
bill (at) planet6racing (dot) com

Greg Gauper
10-22-2003, 11:45 AM
I'm sure if you asked someone in your region real nice, they would be more than happy to give you their 2003 GCR, either the hardcopy or the CD since the racing season is over for a lot of folks.....

speedway66
10-22-2003, 12:24 PM
Thanks for the responses. I probably will stick with the proven competitors (CRX in ITA, VW GTI in ITB, VW or Honda in ITC) mainly because of parts/knowledge/advice available. But since I'll be 47 by the time I can get on track and this will be the first time I would be required to turn the steering wheel to the right, I'm more concerned about getting on the track than running up front once I get there. I currently do not own a suitable car to convert (ITS Highlander? ITA Lumina?)and I'd rather buy than build for the first time. But, always keeping my eyes open for options... http://Forums.ImprovedTouring.com/it/biggrin.gif

Jim

Speed Raycer
10-22-2003, 02:58 PM
Actually, there is an unofficial and slightly outdated list floating around the internet somewhere... just search for Improved touring classifications and it'll probably pop up.

The best source is the GCR though.

Oh... buy one built. You'll be money ahead, on track much sooner and you'll still get to change things around and fix things that weren't done the way you want them...

[This message has been edited by Speed Raycer (edited October 22, 2003).]

Domino
10-22-2003, 04:57 PM
It's kind of dated but it's a start. Click on "searchable database" and check the "show all" box.

http://www.scca.org/amateur/club_racing/cl...sses/index.html (http://www.scca.org/amateur/club_racing/classes/index.html)

[This message has been edited by Domino (edited October 22, 2003).]

speedway66
10-22-2003, 05:03 PM
Yeah, I knew about the SCCA database, but it's at least 2 years out of date. Guess I'll just cough up the cash for a GCR.

planet6racing
10-22-2003, 07:21 PM
Speedway:

Contact me off list. No point in buying a GCR now (wait until January!).

------------------
Bill
Planet 6 Racing
bill (at) planet6racing (dot) com

10-24-2003, 11:12 AM
kinestis car formula site has all listed i believe.