PDA

View Full Version : prelude suspension

rage_racing
10-03-2003, 01:10 PM
I have been looking everywhere for suspension for my prelude which falls in 83-87 parts category and the only shock/strut I can find is the KYB Gr2 any suggestions on the best way to get a good suspension for this carit doesnt seem to be interchangeable with any other honda or acura

Jake
10-03-2003, 01:33 PM
http://www.cyberauto.com/HondaPrelude.txt

Here's a fairly good list of what's available for your car. There's not much. Dave has an '87 Prelude and has Leda Shocks and Coilovers. That's another way to go.

rage_racing
10-03-2003, 02:07 PM
thanks for the link .. there isnt much for my car is there.. oh yeah thats because its such a good performer I dont need to make it better lol...

any thoughts on exhaust manifold there is none listed there unless its the fuel infected engine and I have not been able to locate anything elsewhere either

rage_racing
10-03-2003, 03:23 PM
I have actually located some Koni shocks and struts, now about spring rates and what not I would like to see about 1-1.5 inch drop what is a safe spring rate to run ??

gran racing
10-03-2003, 04:45 PM
For a leda suspension, contact Karl at racers edge. I have been very happy with what they built me. www.racersedge-inc.com (http://www.racersedge-inc.com)

I know another IT racer that uses it in her car. The customer service is absolutely awesome!!! I was sooo impressed.

The struts are non-adjustable. Several people recommended that I go this route when just beginning. Less stuff I need to modify / play with. Just adjust my driving and spring rates. As for spring rates, I use 400 lbs front and 600 lbs rear.

Many people say to use much higher spring rates. Leda really seemed to know what they were talking about. They suggested for a novice to run these rates. They are a little more forgiving. I honestly don't think I would gain much if anything by using higher rates.

I tried a aftermarket rear bar, but it was extremely tail happy. Yeah, spun a few times. I put the stock bar back in an purchased some poly. bushings. I am really happy with it now!