View Full Version : Graduated cylinder

08-05-2003, 07:47 PM
Anyone know where I can find one of these? I'm looking to do a volumeteric test to check compression w/o having to tearing my engine down. Specifically, I need at least a 600ml cylinder with a valve on the bottom. I've called local engine builders and machine shops and none have one or know where to get one.

Greg Gauper
08-05-2003, 08:09 PM
American Science Surplus


Check under "lab Supplies" they have a bunch of sizes for less than $5

A really cool store!

08-05-2003, 10:12 PM
Where are you located?

Planet 6 Racing
bill (at) planet6racing (dot) com

08-05-2003, 10:23 PM
Fisher Scientific or a local laboratory supply house. You can even ask where the local hospitals get their things.

Grandpa's toys-modded suspensions and a few other tweaks
'89 CRX Si-SCCA ITA #99
'99 Prelude=a sweet song
'03 Dodge Dakota Club Cab V8-Patriot Blue gonna tow

Chris Sawatsky
08-05-2003, 11:32 PM
I think the device you're looking for is called a burette. search on froogle.google.com

08-06-2003, 02:45 AM
Burette, huh?

I'm located in Washington state very close to Portland Ore. Anyone know a local tech inspector?

Thanks for the posts!

08-06-2003, 04:49 PM
Called a few science companies and it is indeed called a burete. They specifically called it a dispensing burete. Didn't know I was going to have to shell a few hundred out for one.

Now for a new question. Anyone know where I can borrow/rent one in the Portland Ore area?

Greg Gauper
08-06-2003, 08:26 PM
They have a smaller one (50ml = 50cc) listed on the website that I posted for $10 + shipping.

If you are using this to 'cc' a head, it should work just fine, but you'll need to fill it twice if the typical head volume is in the 50-99cc range.

08-06-2003, 11:53 PM
I'm using it for the engine. Looking for around 600mls.